• Advertisement

List of important papers to have when SHTF ?

Got a Question? Ask The Survival Mom!

List of important papers to have when SHTF ?

Postby BEPreppared2go » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 am

Looking for input as to what other preppers think are important papers to take with you if SHTF. Be aware that what you think is important may not be to someone else. Would like to get a long list of these items to share with other preppers I know. Everyones help would be greatly appreciated.

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"
BEPreppared2go

Re: List of important papers to have when SHTF ?

Postby Photon Guy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:36 am

Here are some of the documents I consider important in such a situation
Driver's License
Passport
Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
Properts Deeds
Any other types of permits (carry permits, vehicle permits, ect.)

As such it would be a good idea to make photo copies of all of the above and to store the copies somewhere safe.
Photon Guy

Postby Cin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Insurance (auto, health, life, etc)
Mortgage papers/deeds
Credit cards
Shot cards (WHO or other health cards)
IRS/Taxes
Emergency phone numbers/addresses/email addys on paper in case phones go out (I carry this on my person at all times)
Topo Maps of your area or where you want to go
Wills/Estate settlements
Medical records
Current Prescriptions
Animals' rabies certificates
DD214 if you're military
College transcripts and degrees
Current photos of every member of your family (passport/visas)
Any licenses - first responder, Red Cross, CCW, real estate, driver's license including CDL, badges, and other types of work permits, professional licenses
Appraisal papers of valuable items and photos of such (we have a video of every room of our house, slow pan around the room on a flash drive for insurance purposes)
Small bills - from one dollar bills to twenties
Cin

Postby ReadyMom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Citizenship Papers
Naturalization Papers
Birth Certificates
Marriage Certificates
Deeds
Titles
Immunizations
Wills
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby daaswampman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:06 pm

BEPreppared2go wrote:Looking for input as to what other preppers think are important papers to take with you if SHTF. Be aware that what you think is important may not be to someone else. Would like to get a long list of these items to share with other preppers I know. Everyones help would be greatly appreciated.

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"

Good subject, but I have some questions!

Take with me as in bugging out? I am not sure I would want my entire life's history with me on the road. I don't even carry my real home address with me or pictures of those I care about! D.L., insurance, etc., address is a vacant lot I own! I have copies of just about everything, but they are never on me or in my home!

Why would I want all my personal information on me during a SHTF event? Better room at the FEMA camp or selection for special treatment? The less anyone knows the better! Name Rank and Number and those may be lies! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Cin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 pm

We don't take our important papers anywhere with us. We have it all in a safe location (actually we have all in 2 locations). We keep it there mostly in case of loss of something (vehicles, property, someone needs a backup copy of something or whatever).

If SHTF and the situation comes up, we can prove who we are, and that we own what we have if ROL is in place (WROL it probably won't matter...but we can hope for some semblance of order).

I do carry specific phone numbers/addresses/email addys on my person at all times because it's convenient (I mail a lot of stuff to some indviduals).
Cin

Return to The Survival Mom Forum Discussions