• Advertisement

Armadillos

Post trapping topics here

Armadillos

Postby koeelvry » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm

I have several armadillos creating holes all over my yard and pasture. I have some live traps to set for them but don't know what to use for bait.
I don't want to use snares or leg hold traps because I have several dogs and chickens. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Henderson County
Retired LEO & Other Stuff

NEVER SQUAT WHILE WEARING YOUR SPURS

IF YOU SIT ON THE FENCE, YOU WILL END UP BEING CAUGHT RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE.
koeelvry
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Re: Armadillos

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:34 pm

been told they are a second cousin to the opossum - I trap em with a combo of smelly meat like liverwurst and pieces of fruit & veggie ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby daaswampman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:40 pm

It is not easy to trap an armadillo using bait as they dig for their food. You are more likely to catch everything in your yard except the armadillos. Placing the traps by their trails and burrows is not as easy as it sounds. Walking around at night with a head lamp and a club or .22 works, but it can get messy and there is leprosy to consider!

Or you can do the green thing and catch them with a hand net or herd them into a cage for relocation. In the end it is all rather pointless! If there is a food supply, new ones will come and take the place, unless you have a good fence or dogs that like to kill them! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:54 pm

They mainly dig for grubs. Spread grub killer on the lawn and they will move on. That's what we did for mom's yard.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Return to Trapping