• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

How the ExecOrders are disarming vets...

Topics about guns

How the ExecOrders are disarming vets...

Postby MEMsurvivor » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:08 am

I hypothesized that this is what the exec orders would attempt to accomplish. I assumed that this is exactly why the focus of most the EO's was aimed at "mentally ill".

Here is a link to a letter from the Director of the USJF, Michael Connelly...

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/disarm ... ammunition

At least this would keep guns out if the hands of the mentally unstable, regardless of their background.

Maybe this is just a hoax? Either way, I'm sure the government is only trying to make the country a safer place, no matter how we may disagree.
The sheep act like the wolves will never come, but the sheepdog lives for the day that they do.
MEMsurvivor
Tennessee Preppers Network

Re: How the ExecOrders are disarming vets...

Postby MEMsurvivor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Obviously posting this caused a ripple somewhere, so I edited the post to be a bit less opinionated'ish.
The sheep act like the wolves will never come, but the sheepdog lives for the day that they do.
MEMsurvivor

Postby Tom Bergstrand » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

I hear a lot of talk about vets with PTSD having their gun rights taken away. Soooo I spoke with my neighbor and retired lawyer. He wonders how they found out. Considering the fact that that would violate the doctor/patient priveledge. I myself wondered that same point. Then yesterday I went for my yearly check up at the VA. Well I think I got my answer. The NURSE asked me all those pesky leading questions. I guess that lets the Doc off the hook. I was asked "Am I in any danger of losing my home in the next few months?" I answered "I paid cash". This started a BS session about how much the prices of houses has dropped and the nurse himself (yeah, a guy) was wanting to do the same. There was more "Do I feel depressed, violent or suicidal?" I answered "NO! I'm in perfect health and have more money than I need." We both laughed. BUT!!! I can see someone answering "poorly" without thinking and starting in motion a series of events that could bite them in the azz later. Pay attention here. There is a form of questioning that mimics "junk science" where the answers that make you look normal are omitted from the raw data. BUT any and all small, no matter how insignificant, replies that can in any way, shape or form could be construed as an admission that something, REGARDLESS of how small, is viewed by you as a personal problem. They will "cherry pick" your answers, isolate them from the others (which are omitted as I mentioned) and present them as prima facia proof that something is REALLY bothering you. I really think that the guys that are getting a check because of mental shortcomings (actual or percieved) are wide open to having their gun rights taken away. It SHOULD be done on a case by case basis at worst. Adam Lanza killed a bunch of kids and they want to take away ALL our firearms. Remember WACO??? How come there was no bill looking to take away the government agencies responsible for THAT???? They killed about the same amount of kids. Not to mention adults.
Tom in Kingman Arizona
Oath Keeper #005181
Kingman Lodge #22 F&AM Kingman Arizona
U.S. Paratrooper
Tom Bergstrand
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby BK in KC » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 am

Keep on tinkling off the vets that have given their all to defend our Constitutional rights. That can't possibly backfire....
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions."

--James Lileks
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby JayJay » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 am

Tom, my dh went for a checkup yesterday for follow up from a stroke of morning of the 12th of Feb.
VA dropped the ball ....again; and it took that long to get in for a reading of all tests/images.
Folks, you will not get any praise from me about VA---they sent him home with clogged carotids, vessels enlarged on the brain, and an aneurysm on the back of the neck, but he's fine... :shock: said just wait till the next happens, nothing they can do!!! :?

Now, I was in the room for one trainee, and not for the other doc ---dh says not one question was asked--I always quiz before he goes:
I am not depressed; I am not suicidal or have suicidal tendencies; I have no guns in the home.
I am under no stress(wink-wink, waiting for bankruptcy to begin), etc...blah--blah.

This was at Nashville hospital.

People, even with your family doc--short answer, no or yes,.....expanding is dangerous. And think about what you are divulging; treat it like would I tell this to my enemy??
'God charts our paths; it is we who must take it'
JayJay

Postby HDMM » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 am

BK in KC wrote:Keep on tinkling off the vets that have given their all to defend our Constitutional rights. That can't possibly backfire....

Ain't that the truth! :gunshooting:
NRA Certified Instructor ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
HDMM
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby CarlosB4 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 am

I am just waiting to get my letter if they decide to send it. I just can't wait for that trash to get to my home where this administration basically tells me; "You served with honor, you went to war for your country, you left your family in a time of war to defend the families of all other Americans. Now that you did all that we consider you a loose end, so we are labeling you a nutjob and taking your Rights away."
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
"Ελάτε να τα πάρετε"

No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
CarlosB4

Postby Gunns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:15 am

CarlosB4 wrote:I am just waiting to get my letter if they decide to send it. I just can't wait for that trash to get to my home where this administration basically tells me; "You served with honor, you went to war for your country, you left your family in a time of war to defend the families of all other Americans. Now that you did all that we consider you a loose end, so we are labeling you a nutjob and taking your Rights away."

Sick'm Carlos (no insult intended). :cursing:

Don't call me a sheep or sheep dog or a wolf. I am Tiger and eat all three.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby MEMsurvivor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 am

Anyone ever notice the "users browsing this forum" at the bottom of these threads? One minute after I posted, at 2am, there were 4 guests, a google bot, and a bing bot all viewing this thread. What are those bots? Anyone know? Because later that morning I started receiving odd robo telemarketing calls that prompted me to edit the post and make it less conspiratorial. No calls since I changed the post. Just curious what info those bots are looking for and who they report to.
MEMsurvivor

Postby getvicious » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 am

MEMsurvivor wrote:Anyone ever notice the "users browsing this forum" at the bottom of these threads? One minute after I posted, at 2am, there were 4 guests, a google bot, and a bing bot all viewing this thread. What are those bots? Anyone know? Because later that morning I started receiving odd robo telemarketing calls that prompted me to edit the post and make it less conspiratorial. No calls since I changed the post. Just curious what info those bots are looking for and who they report to.

The "bots" are auto searches used by search engines. They are how search engines index the info on the Internet which is the basis for the search results you get when you use a search engine, like Google.

Companies buy that info, and other info too, for data mining so they can do "target" marketing to you. That way they hope to show you items in pop-ups and things like banner ads that are likely to be of interest to you. It's all about marketing and money.

Lately the health insurance companies are starting to buy sales info from credit card companies. Look for health premiums to be affected by your eating habits if you pay with plastic. Or to get emails from your health insurance company about "making healthy choices" all for your own good naturally.
It's not the blast that kills you, it's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious
North Carolina Preppers Network
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 am

As a Veteran and a person in the healthcare field, I find it sad, that someone who served us must lie for fear of loosing his rights. Not to mention care he may really need. It is much deeper then just those few questions and this is only the beginning. The flagging system does include medications. Medications for pain, sleep, nerves, and anything related to addiction can be flagged as high risk and cause additional questions.

And it is not just the VA. Obamacare has opened a whole new level of privacy invasion. At this moment I can look at any medical record of any patient in our system. I can see and read everything from their financial information to the physician notes. All 300k of them. And almost every employee who enters information can do the exact same thing. Even someone just hired making minimum wage. How long will it be before the hackers and identity thieves figure that one out. VA's system is much like ours and both can be accessed online with a simple signon and password. Medical records will no longer be sent, but access will be given. Think about that for a moment before you tell anyone in the medical field anything you would consider personal. Swamp
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm in the process since 2006. The VA is really on top of it. What I find Interesting is these VA doctors seem to think they can write anything they want about you, with no accountability.

You will get no accountability VIA the VA system. I have figured out that the VA protects their own. However, even VA Doctors are accountable to state medical boards for the usual reasons.

I recently was in Seattle Wa VA hospital for a P&C review. I anticipate the VA Drs, addressing everything but the reason I was there. At that point it is my intention to file ethics and professional complaints with both the state of Washington and Oregon medical boards, specific to the Doctors doing my review.

The point being this. I've been to multiple civilian doctors who have diagnosed the issues, and directly linked the issues to my military career. This took years of working closely with those Dr.s to identify the problem.

Then I go to the VA and in less then an hour, they find a new malady with no nexus to the military. Basically their saying that years of medical work by multiple Doctors is not valid. That they mis diagnosed the medical issue.

When/If, this occurs, I intend to hold those VA Dr.s accountable via state medical boards for cause. If nothing else the heat will be on them to explain their actions and diagnosis.

To be fair. I have had the honor of meeting and working with some outstanding VA doctors. But the bad ones are bad to the core, and should consider walking, without the VETS putting pressure on them they screw over 100s if not 1000s of VETs, and make 200.000 a year for it.

If the DRs know we the VETs are demanding accountability outside the VA system perhaps, maybe we will get the quality and care that our VETs deserve.

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby MEMsurvivor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Perhaps the push for getting all medical records made "electronic" will aid in tracking down anyone ever prescribed an anti-depressant as an aid to quit smoking? Or perhaps being a smoker/nicotine addict predisposes your nature to be a habitual addict, and therefore too nutty to own a gun? Or that time after having a baby that makes some women... imbalanced.. post natal something or other, right? Don't some women get put on some type anti-depressant for that time period when their bodies are adjusting back to normal? So I've heard anyway. Well, I would also wager that if you've ever had marriage councelling at a shrink, you may now be considered too nutty to be protected by the 2nd amendment.

I wonder which members of congress own tech stock in the medical software company that provides the VA with the means to turn all their records to electronic digital media files for their patients... And the private practice eMed files? Surely some senators profited by the requirement of BOcare to have all practices on electronic med files...
MEMsurvivor

Postby sgtblue » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 pm

I know several vets who are hiding their guns other than their home. They are worried about losing them. This will prevent vets who really need help from going after help because of these fears. Some of these vets who were on multiple deployments who may have seen a psycologist one time may be targeted. This is an end run around the 2nd amendment and helps them get some semblance of gun control. DHS is worried about a lot of vets being adversaries if internal conflict happens.
sgtblue

Return to Guns