• Advertisement

Oregon college shooting

Topics about guns

Oregon college shooting

Postby rickdun » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:59 pm

This morning 8:38 a.m. Oregon time, a 20 year old male shot 30+ at the community college, FOX reports may be many as 13 dead, 20 wounded.

It's a sad world we live in today.

Obozo was on national TV and of course he blamed guns again and wants the laws changed.

They don't know the motive of the shooting but the gunman supposedly asked the students what religion they were.

I wonder what he would say if the gunman was an illegal that came across our unsecure southern border. Or if the gunman was
an islamic extremest.

God bless the families and friends of those that died and those that were injured.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Re: Oregon college shooting

Postby Dirk Williams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:12 pm

what a sad day. third school shooting in Oregon. Roseburg is a pretty conservative community, we have APN friends who live there. Hope she and her family are GTG.

As for the pile of poop president. Screw him, and his administration.

Sorry, I can't stand that tool.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby IceFire » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Once again, this happened in a "Gun Free Zone". Seems to me, THAT is the problem. Gun-free zones are simply "Defenseless Victim" zones. If there had been someone armed at that college, they could have STOPPED the gunman before so many were killed/injured. ABOLISH "gun-free" zones, and the number of mass shootings should decline.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby swwiii » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Isn't Oregon one of the states with strict gun control laws? I was thinking that was one who would not have reciprocity with any other states concealed weapon permits.
swwiii

Postby Myakka » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Actually I believe they allow open carry. Just not on the school grounds.
[i]"Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"
[/i]

Skills beats Stuff!
Myakka
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:09 pm

10,076 DUI deaths 2013, 600 gun deaths. Hmm
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby msdeltamom » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:11 pm

IceFire wrote:Once again, this happened in a "Gun Free Zone". Seems to me, THAT is the problem. Gun-free zones are simply "Defenseless Victim" zones. If there had been someone armed at that college, they could have STOPPED the gunman before so many were killed/injured. ABOLISH "gun-free" zones, and the number of mass shootings should decline.

This. :thumbup:
msdeltamom

Postby angie_nrs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 pm

I heard a report that the security guard on campus did not have a gun. :? Who in their right mind would walk around in a security uniform or drive in a security vehicle (with a clear target on your back for baddies to shoot at) without the means to defend? WTH???? So, Mr. Security Guard without a gun, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
angie_nrs

Postby RayMac1963 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 pm

How many of you have been shot before? How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Is it deception or self deception? OF COURSE guns make it easier to kill, and thus make these mass shootings easier and more likely. Thats just basic logic. Simultaneously, more gun control WILL with out question infringe on our constitutional right. Its a simple trade off. I WILL trade the lives of a percentage of the population in return for my gun rights. Look yourself in the mirror and say it proud. Look your neighbors, your family, your Pastor, your elected officials in the face and say it. All that other stuff is just a distraction or self deception...

And YES, i been shot in the street, AND i have lost family to gun violence, and i STILL support gun rights! But i'm honest with myself about what the cost is.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby BK in KC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Our nation is being driven by malicious and unbalanced children. There is no reason or studied thoughtfulness or dedication to solutions by anybody on the left. It's 50% immediate political and emotional gratification and 50% consuming need for long-term Statist control of all public and private life. In this case, the leftists want an end of all private gun ownership. They are obsessed with the threat that gun ownership represents to state power and cannot contain their desire to eradicate this threat and ensure a powerless and defenseless populace. This is what they want FAR MORE than any end to gun violence.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:07 pm

RayMac1963 wrote:How many of you have been shot before? How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Is it deception or self deception? OF COURSE guns make it easier to kill, and thus make these mass shootings easier and more likely. Thats just basic logic. Simultaneously, more gun control WILL with out question infringe on our constitutional right. Its a simple trade off. I WILL trade the lives of a percentage of the population in return for my gun rights. Look yourself in the mirror and say it proud. Look your neighbors, your family, your Pastor, your elected officials in the face and say it. All that other stuff is just a distraction or self deception...

And YES, i been shot in the street, AND i have lost family to gun violence, and i STILL support gun rights! But i'm honest with myself about what the cost is.

I know what it is like to be shot and I would trade most of America for a pizza, let alone my rights. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm

RayMac1963 wrote:How many of you have been shot before? How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Is it deception or self deception? OF COURSE guns make it easier to kill, and thus make these mass shootings easier and more likely. Thats just basic logic.

Yes, guns make it easier to kill bad guys. That's the idea. Now, as for bad guys with guns having an easier time killing innocent people because they've got guns, bad guys will get guns no matter what laws we have restricting or prohibiting gun ownership.

But, as I said, if guns make it easier to kill that means good people with guns will have an easier time killing bad people.

And I have not lost a friend or family member to gun violence and I don't know anybody who has unless you want to include some of the military people I know who have lost friends when they were KIA although that is war not gun crime even if they were killed by guns. But I don't know anybody who has lost a friend or family member to gun crime and neither have I, but I did lose a family member to a car crash.
Photon Guy

Postby Fullmoon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Oregon has very few gun laws and Douglas County especially is very conservative and supportive of the second ammendment. In Oregon you may LEGALLY own a silencer or purchase a belt fed fully automatic weapon if you have no criminal record. Our sheriff, John Hanlin, has publically stated he will not enforce any anti second ammendment laws imposed by the manchurian president and his commie pinko regime. Umpqua Community College is a designated gun free zone, the staff of this school are left wing pie in the sky dreamers from the peace love dope era and are clearly out of step with whats happening in this country. If just one student had a CCW and a handgun he could have dropped this piece of manure and ended the killing spree. The one unarmed security guard is a complete joke. I want to know which psychotropic drugs the shooter was taking, prescribed to him by a psychologist for depression. You might never hear about this on the mainstream media because the big pharma corporations pay for most of the commercials run during the 6 o'clock news. UCC is 42 miles north of where I live and obviously no place is safe so pay attention to whats going on around you,stay alert and stay frosty.
Fullmoon

Postby rebnavy1862 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Tonight, Fox did a telephone interview with a vet student at the school. He gave his name. He said he heard the shots and wanted to go to the "sound of the guns". He and his friend both were carrying handguns, Glocks. Both had concealed/carry permits. The staff told them to hunker down in the classroom.

They might have made a difference. It concerns me that he gave his name on TV. I hope he doesn't get in trouble.

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Lghmstng3 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:03 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:Tonight, Fox did a telephone interview with a vet student at the school. He gave his name. He said he heard the shots and wanted to go to the "sound of the guns". He and his friend both were carrying handguns, Glocks. Both had concealed/carry permits. The staff told them to hunker down in the classroom.

They might have made a difference. It concerns me that he gave his name on TV. I hope he doesn't get in trouble.

Reb

I have to ask ,WTF are they carrying for?!To pick up chick's?What's the point then?Could'a,would'a,should'a?
Lghmstng3
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Next

Return to Guns