• Advertisement

Oregon college shooting

Topics about guns

Re: Oregon college shooting

Postby BK in KC » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 pm

daaswampman wrote:Homicides are at a multi decade low in Chicago, just like they are in many other major cities. That does not play well with the gun control crowd so the facts are ignored and the brainwashing of American continues. Swamp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago

Chicago doesn't have a gun problem, it has a gang problem. The same holds true in other in other major cities. Disarming law-abiding citizens will only make things worse.

"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:15 pm

daaswampman wrote:Homicides are at a multi decade low in Chicago, just like they are in many other major cities. That does not play well with the gun control crowd so the facts are ignored and the brainwashing of American continues. Swamp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago

The Obama administration lies about the economy, lies about the unemployment numbers, and generally lies about everything else to suit their agenda.
Rahm Emanuel, the mayor of Chicago, was part of the Obama administration and a strong Obama supporter. Could there possibly be a misrepresentation here? I know, they probably just put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Reb
if you don't count'em, they don't count
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby ajax727 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:42 am

There seems to be unanswered questions that I think would shine a light on this act of stupidity . Why was he asking about there religious beliefs before he killed them ? What is or was his religious beliefs ( if he had any ) ?
I like to base things on facts but in todays world facts get twisted around to benefit those that want to twist them around or to leave out data that changes the facts .
The scary part to me or to us should be the use of some Doctor that is anti gun to label people as some mental case as a method to remove weapons from all of us .
As for Odrama statement he just wants to take the heat off his failure as a leader and his agenda to destroy America .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby oxfat » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:12 am

So much truth in this thread. The problem with the anti-gun crowd is that they want to turn a complex issue into a binary choice. That is, the according to them, guns are the single cause of mass shootings. Make guns illegal, and all our troubles go away.

As BK said, we have a gang problem. I would lump illegal drugs into it also.

If we forced cities > 250 thousand people to keep their own statistics, the gun homicide rate in the U.S. would not be that much different than any other 1st world country. When the big cities have homicide rates of 20, 30, even 50 per 100,000, then all the rest of the country, with homicide rates of 2 or 3 per 100,000, looks bad. The anti-gun crowd points to the average homicide rate, when most of the country is actually fairly safe.

I agree with ajax, the really scary part would be to make a law that some anti-gun doctor makes the determination of who is mentally fit to have guns. Even if the rules for declaring someone mentally incompetent started out reasonable, once that process is in place, the anti-gun people would incrementally make more and more people "incompetent."
oxfat

Postby Joe P » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:39 pm

obama wants to change laws, I'm all for that. Gun Free Zones are the problem and this will continue until they are illegal. I'm not sure Who first stated this but it is the Truth! "The Only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a Good Guy with a gun".
Joe P

Postby CarlosB4 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:10 am

RayMac1963 wrote:How many of you have been shot before? How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Is it deception or self deception? OF COURSE guns make it easier to kill, and thus make these mass shootings easier and more likely. Thats just basic logic. Simultaneously, more gun control WILL with out question infringe on our constitutional right. Its a simple trade off. I WILL trade the lives of a percentage of the population in return for my gun rights. Look yourself in the mirror and say it proud. Look your neighbors, your family, your Pastor, your elected officials in the face and say it. All that other stuff is just a distraction or self deception...

And YES, i been shot in the street, AND i have lost family to gun violence, and i STILL support gun rights! But i'm honest with myself about what the cost is.

How many of you have been shot before? Carlos raises hand.
How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Carlos raises hands more than once.
Carlos agree with everything you said and I WILL BE THE CAPTAIN OF MY OWN BOAT, I will take my destiny into my own hands, I take permanent responsibility of my rights over temporary safety from the Government.
"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
"Ελάτε να τα πάρετε"

No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
CarlosB4

Postby Lynda » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:41 am

This debate about gun control has been raging for days on every site and forum out there. Does anyone see the irony of arming Syrian rebels with firearms, training them and spending a whole bunch of money by the same government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns? How about the bombing of an Afghan hospital, Doctors Without Borders by our military? Two hours after the Oregon tragedy our POTUS is blathering on about those icky guns. Nothing about this though. How many times has the federal government armed people in other countries? From Iran/Contra to the Fast and the Furious and probably countless other entities. The hypocrisy.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:32 am

Lynda wrote:This debate about gun control has been raging for days on every site and forum out there. Does anyone see the irony of arming Syrian rebels with firearms, training them and spending a whole bunch of money by the same government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns? How about the bombing of an Afghan hospital, Doctors Without Borders by our military? Two hours after the Oregon tragedy our POTUS is blathering on about those icky guns. Nothing about this though. How many times has the federal government armed people in other countries? From Iran/Contra to the Fast and the Furious and probably countless other entities. The hypocrisy.

I've thought about it Lynda...many times. We arm many nations and people of questionable morality for reasons of profit....business as usual..but don't trust our own people with arms.

I have a word for that kind of confusion...it is DEMONIC.

Another word for that kind of confusion is Devilishness...of the Devil..of the author of confusion.

But that is just me.

Problem is we have seen this pattern of which we speak too many times..over and over and over. But we are not trusted with our own guns purchased with our own monies and risk taking in earning said monies. That too is confusion.

As I keep stating...if we are not trusted with our guns and must needs have the system rigged against us.......why would we be trusted with our vote without rigging the system there too.

Thanks for your post and points here Lynda...well said.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby BK in KC » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:53 am

This sums up our media:

"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC

Postby AuntBee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:07 am

Lynda wrote:This debate about gun control has been raging for days on every site and forum out there. Does anyone see the irony of arming Syrian rebels with firearms, training them and spending a whole bunch of money by the same government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns? How about the bombing of an Afghan hospital, Doctors Without Borders by our military? Two hours after the Oregon tragedy our POTUS is blathering on about those icky guns. Nothing about this though. How many times has the federal government armed people in other countries? From Iran/Contra to the Fast and the Furious and probably countless other entities. The hypocrisy.

This administration runs on hypocrisy and selective awareness. If it's inconvenient or uncomfortable, make like an ostrich. I don't know how these people can look in the mirror each day.

On gun control: some politicians are trying to direct the discussion to mental illness. That's too complicated a subject for most people. Solutions require time and effort. There aren't any good slogans. Another bit of irony is that the same people who wouldn't have a problem confiscaring arms and ammunition won't hesitate to whine about violations of their privacy and
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:19 am

orangetom1999 wrote:

I've thought about it Lynda...many times. We arm many nations and people of questionable morality for reasons of profit....business as usual..but don't trust our own people with arms.

I have a word for that kind of confusion...it is DEMONIC.

Another word for that kind of confusion is Devilishness...of the Devil..of the author of confusion.

But that is just me.

Problem is we have seen this pattern of which we speak too many times..over and over and over. But we are not trusted with our own guns purchased with our own monies and risk taking in earning said monies. That too is confusion.

As I keep stating...if we are not trusted with our guns and must needs have the system rigged against us.......why would we be trusted with our vote without rigging the system there too.

Thanks for your post and points here Lynda...well said.

Orangetom

Tom, it really hit me when I saw that headline yesterday. Looking back, every administration does this and orchestrates what they do around the globe, yet NOW it's the mantra of "we need more gun control." I'm tired of being called a gun nut. I'm a very serious person(most of the time) and take gun ownership very seriously. I thought about it for several months BEFORE I made that decision and had the full support of my husband and local LE. If there was any doubt of my abilities I would never have been issued that license. People using the argument about the "poor children" who die from gun related incidents need look no further than MA. In the past month or so, 4 children have died because their feral cat procreating parents were druggies, stupid or both. One case made national headlines. It's shameful. Yet we're the bad guys? Pfffft.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Postby Vetmike » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:25 pm

The LA Times is now reporting that the shooter is a White Supremacist and was white. This contradicts what was on his Facebook page. Some blogs are reporting that 4Chan (a Far Left Web group) altered his info. Many people pushing their agenda by manipulating the story. Likely we will never know the truth because so many conflicting stories are out there. I'm still very suspicious that this was a false flag event.
Vetmike

Postby BK in KC » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Vetmike wrote:The LA Times is now reporting that the shooter is a White Supremacist and was white.

That's interesting since his mother is black, which makes him just as "white" as Obama.

BK in KC

Postby orangetom1999 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Lynda,

I too take gun ownership and reloading seriously. I don't drink and handle firearms..same with reloading..I don't drink and reload..nor want to be around any such individual.

The catch to mental illness is that for political reasons ...anyone can be labeled mental as needed by the body politic.
I don't know how many of you are aware of it ..but this nation along with the UN is looking to policing up domestic terrorists..not foreign terrorists..but domestic terrorists. That is going to mean anyone without a government authorized opinion and view. It means your children and grand children being interviewed and telling on you in public schools.
That was a wake up call and alarm to me. I have been waiting for this development in this administration for some time now...going after our own people...for having an or expressing a dissenting view. This is going to be called Domestic Terrorism and mental illness in the future.
As in Europe it will be a call to remove from you your possessions, as well as your children or grand children. It is a license to clean house.

GFW Hegel....The State Is God.

It is a return to Absolute Power in the hands of government. A type of Royalty...feudalism...if you like...Divine Right of Kings..or Absolute Power.
Feudalism/Royalty. Only the Royalty or politically affluent get to be armed...as was the case in centuries back...of Royalty.

It really pisses me off what they are trying to do to our Vets...prevent them from gun ownership after picking up a gun to go fight their dirty wars for them...but you cannot be trusted with a gun when you return back home.

As to this college shooter...the news is gaslighting us on this issue as were so many before. On the link on which I was looking ..they had him labeled a Conservative Republican. I was astonished at how bold they were with it.

I know of no Conservative Republicans who would ask someone what religion they were and if they so stated.."'Christian." shoot them.

Someone is trying very hard here to manage this in the news. Now racism in the mix in order to transfer more guilt to Americans and have them ashamed of who and what they are ..if they don't go along with the program. Guilt POlitics...Wow!! here we go again. To be expected in desperation by the anti gun crowd. More emotionalism. I suppose we should have seen this coming with predictability.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby Photon Guy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:57 pm

CarlosB4 wrote:
RayMac1963 wrote:How many of you have been shot before? How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Is it deception or self deception? OF COURSE guns make it easier to kill, and thus make these mass shootings easier and more likely. Thats just basic logic. Simultaneously, more gun control WILL with out question infringe on our constitutional right. Its a simple trade off. I WILL trade the lives of a percentage of the population in return for my gun rights. Look yourself in the mirror and say it proud. Look your neighbors, your family, your Pastor, your elected officials in the face and say it. All that other stuff is just a distraction or self deception...

And YES, i been shot in the street, AND i have lost family to gun violence, and i STILL support gun rights! But i'm honest with myself about what the cost is.

How many of you have been shot before? Carlos raises hand.
How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Carlos raises hands more than once.
Carlos agree with everything you said and I WILL BE THE CAPTAIN OF MY OWN BOAT, I will take my destiny into my own hands, I take permanent responsibility of my rights over temporary safety from the Government.

No doubt the people that shot you and your friends and family members were either crooks to begin with or mentally deranged or both. That goes to show that we are way below adequate in dealing with crooks and mentally deranged people. They need to be put away. The guy who shot up the Oregon college was obviously mentally deranged. He should've been confined in a clinic. Same thing with Adam Lanza and all the other school shooters. With school shootings its always the case of mental illness, it needs to be dealt with before more school shootings occur.
Photon Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Guns