• Advertisement

Prepare For The Worst and Hope It Doesnt Happen

Topics about guns

Re: Prepare For The Worst and Hope It Doesnt Happen

Postby ajax727 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:55 pm

I will not judge him , but I do think sometimes it is better not to say to much in todays world . We all ready have a target on our backs due to the fact we prep , believe in the 2 a , distrust the power that be .

I agree about the hot guns if you buy one then you are no different than the dip that stole it ...
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:41 am

After reading the responses on this thread I would like to say the government, or anybody else has no business monitoring what people say on internet forums and where its said from. Sometimes, people say stuff that might get them in trouble if their identity is known but anything said on the internet should be untraceable to its source and tracing what's said back to exactly who said it is a big no no. The government has no right to do that.
Photon Guy

Postby Lynda » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:39 am

Photon Guy wrote:After reading the responses on this thread I would like to say the government, or anybody else has no business monitoring what people say on internet forums and where its said from. Sometimes, people say stuff that might get them in trouble if their identity is known but anything said on the internet should be untraceable to its source and tracing what's said back to exactly who said it is a big no no. The government has no right to do that.

If you know the government does it then why would anyone post something so inflammatory? Railing against current laws is one thing, we all do it. But, encouraging others to break the laws under which we live, particularly when it comes to firearm purchases, is quite another. Things haven't gotten so bad that I need to hide my purchases and there's too much to lose by deliberately flouting breaking those laws and criticizing those of us who obey them.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby DVC JACK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:44 am

Ive monitored this forum from the serenity of my HOME for years. And thought Id take this op while on business/vvacation in a foreign land on a rented computer to pass along a few points of interest. One being the acquisition of arms and munitions "under the table" so to speak.
The concept of purchasing the terrible "black guns", handguns in lots of 6 or more, spare parts for questionable conversions, tons of ammo etc by someone other than myself is a common sense issue. One that I dont mind disobeying guvmint reguations on in the least. And as far as a handful of ridiculous remarks concerning my decision to do so and continue the process on a very regular basis is like water on the duck. If my post enlightens 1 single American to acquire and KEEP 1 single firearm its served its purpose.
After one great WW2 Vet had spent over 45 years sitting in an oak tree deer hunting on a gold mine paradise of a farm but limited to those 100 yarders from his fathers old 30/30 I rocked his world by introducing him to long range rifles. I took our big 95hp John Deere over and wagon spoked his 320ac abandoned farmstead. Planted peas, soybeans, corn, wheat, clover and vetch on rotation intervals. Limed and fertilized the natural foodstuffs too. Built 3 comfortable box stands for him and his wife too. And turned that place into a Whitetail bonanza. They cluttered their den and front porch with nice heavy massive horns the last years of their life. During the many "conservative" hours we spent together sipping Jim Beam we mutually expressed our disdain for the guvmint encroaching into our lives while stealthingly inserting restrictive tentacles into our Rights. He also enjoyed helping me by buying my most sought after arms and accessories from around the globe. In his name to pass along after his death.(and some before) If that is a bit too harsh and "illegal" for you I DO NOT APOLOGIZE for him, his wife myself or her brother who is still with us and sitting in one of those box stands right now. God bless his Ultra Conservative Extreme Right Wing gun loving heart!
And for the record we have never bought a stolen firearm to my knowledge. But then we've never ran across a Chinaman with a planeload of new AK-47s at discount prices either.
Keep the spirit. A man cannot have too much wine or too many books or bullets.
DVC JACK

Postby Photon Guy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:33 am

Lynda wrote:If you know the government does it then why would anyone post something so inflammatory? Railing against current laws is one thing, we all do it. But, encouraging others to break the laws under which we live, particularly when it comes to firearm purchases, is quite another. Things haven't gotten so bad that I need to hide my purchases and there's too much to lose by deliberately flouting breaking those laws and criticizing those of us who obey them.

I agree its not a good idea to talk about, or for that matter do, illegal firearm purchases, but if somebody wants to post something like that than that's their choice as long as the website where they're posting it allows it. When people put up websites such as APN they have the right to make rules as to what kind of posts are and aren't allowed but regulating such posts is the job of the people that set up the website not the government. And that especially includes punishing people for making certain posts. APN and other websites can punish you for making posts that go against their rules by removing your posts or if it become bad enough, banning you from the website, but the government has no business getting involved and punishing people for stuff they say on the internet. If somebody makes posts about illegal caches of guns they have stashed the government is overstepping its bounds by getting involved, tracking them down, seizing their caches, and taking legal action against them such as throwing them in jail. Again, I don't think its a good idea to post about illegal stuff but the government has no business imposing consequences on people who do.
Photon Guy

Postby Lynda » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:44 am

Photon Guy wrote:
Lynda wrote:If you know the government does it then why would anyone post something so inflammatory? Railing against current laws is one thing, we all do it. But, encouraging others to break the laws under which we live, particularly when it comes to firearm purchases, is quite another. Things haven't gotten so bad that I need to hide my purchases and there's too much to lose by deliberately flouting breaking those laws and criticizing those of us who obey them.

I agree its not a good idea to talk about, or for that matter do, illegal firearm purchases, but if somebody wants to post something like that than that's their choice as long as the website where they're posting it allows it. When people put up websites such as APN they have the right to make rules as to what kind of posts are and aren't allowed but regulating such posts is the job of the people that set up the website not the government. And that especially includes punishing people for making certain posts. APN and other websites can punish you for making posts that go against their rules by removing your posts or if it become bad enough, banning you from the website, but the government has no business getting involved and punishing people for stuff they say on the internet. If somebody makes posts about illegal caches of guns they have stashed the government is overstepping its bounds by getting involved, tracking them down, seizing their caches, and taking legal action against them such as throwing them in jail. Again, I don't think its a good idea to post about illegal stuff but the government has no business imposing consequences on people who do.

I'm aware of what APN chooses to do insofar as restrictions here. Again, it's a privately owned domain. We can complain all about the government but the fact remains that everything is monitored these days and has been since 9/11. That's reality. I just don't care for anyone promoting illegal purchases, as do others. Then turning around and criticizing those of us who abide by the laws in our states because we realize there's just too darned much to lose.

Simple point.

Lynda

Postby DVC JACK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:26 am

I hope this isnt too offensive or inflammatory for anyone. But its the truth and if it wasnt for this boards delicate mannerisms I would have forgotten about it forever.
One morning I went to visit my WW 2 buddy. I found him sitting on the porch with a smile on his face. He tossed his deceased brothers drivers license on the table and told me to look at rhe picture. I never met rhe man but they did look like twins. He went on to tell me he could use rhat DL to maje underground purchases etc. The address was still useable as he was the sole beneficiary. We never took it to the limits with thst idea. But there was the option. Theres many options of course. Like he said we could drive to Houston or New Orleans and find the fight "neighbirhood" and have some of those poor unemployed "citizens" that passed the guvmint test loading our 4x4 down like it was cordwood hahaha.
Thst was one of those old gents from the Great Generation for you. I shutter to think what he would do if he could see the way things are going now. He always said "Ill be damned if Kruschev wasnt right. These damn fools are going to turn our country over to foreign invaders without a shot being fired".
We the People need a private NGO leader with excellent organizational skills. And we need to establish strong dominance with millions of members. Oh well its just a dream.
DVC JACK

Postby Lynda » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 am

DVC JACK wrote:I hope this isnt too offensive or inflammatory for anyone. But its the truth and if it wasnt for this boards delicate mannerisms I would have forgotten about it forever.
One morning I went to visit my WW 2 buddy. I found him sitting on the porch with a smile on his face. He tossed his deceased brothers drivers license on the table and told me to look at rhe picture. I never met rhe man but they did look like twins. He went on to tell me he could use rhat DL to maje underground purchases etc. The address was still useable as he was the sole beneficiary. We never took it to the limits with thst idea. But there was the option. Theres many options of course. Like he said we could drive to Houston or New Orleans and find the fight "neighbirhood" and have some of those poor unemployed "citizens" that passed the guvmint test loading our 4x4 down like it was cordwood hahaha.
Thst was one of those old gents from the Great Generation for you. I shutter to think what he would do if he could see the way things are going now. He always said "Ill be damned if Kruschev wasnt right. These damn fools are going to turn our country over to foreign invaders without a shot being fired".
We the People need a private NGO leader with excellent organizational skills. And we need to establish strong dominance with millions of members. Oh well its just a dream.

So, you're commenting because of what you perceive to be this board's delicate mannerisms? For what purpose? I simply don't care whether or not someone owns a firearm without proper licensure. I have it because right now is not the time to test the limits of how far I can go. I have too much invested in my home, my time and the guns I do own. We each have to pick and choose our own battles. There's no need to insult those who wish to do that because they don't agree with your methods.
To each his own.

Lynda

Postby rebnavy1862 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:46 am

What Lynda said.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby DVC JACK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Lynda wrote:
Photon Guy wrote:

I'm aware of what APN chooses to do insofar as restrictions here. Again, it's a privately owned domain. We can complain all about the government but the fact remains that everything is monitored these days and has been since 9/11. That's reality. I just don't care for anyone promoting illegal purchases, as do others. Then turning around and criticizing those of us who abide by the laws in our states because we realize there's just too darned much to lose.

Simple point.
Theres actually nothing to lose if you give it away VOLUNTARILY. Simpler point. Good luck.
DVC JACK

Postby Lynda » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:46 pm

"Theres actually nothing to lose if you give it away VOLUNTARILY. Simpler point. Good luck."

Thank you but I'm not giving anything away. I could choose to do that if I purchased firearms without a license. Not the way I roll.

Not quite sure why you keep going after the many here who own guns by insisting your way is better. I'm quite sure they know exactly what they're doing. People like you come and go all the time.

Lynda

Postby Gunns » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Troll or someone trying to goad us?
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby BK in KC » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Gunns wrote:Troll or someone trying to goad us?

Troll
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Makes you wonder if Hillbillyman or Trucker is back. They were one and the same.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby BK in KC » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:Makes you wonder if Hillbillyman or Trucker is back. They were one and the same.
Reb

I was thinking the same thing.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC

PreviousNext

Return to Guns