• Advertisement

Buying More Guns/Ammo as a Result of San Bernardino?

Topics about guns

Buying More Guns/Ammo as a Result of San Bernardino?

Postby oxfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Every time I hear someone on the radio talk about the need for more gun control and stricter limits on purchases, or read yet another opinion column on how we need to give up our guns, I want to go out and buy more. I don't really *need* more, but it is at more of a gut level. I'm thinking about another carry gun. How about you?
oxfat

Re: Buying More Guns/Ammo as a Result of San Bernardino?

Postby Cast Iron » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:28 pm

If I had the funds, even though I dont need it, yes I would!
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby RockinB » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:30 pm

I've been in ammo mode for a while but I did order two "impulse cases" of 45 & 223 after this happened. I also picked up 600 rounds of overpriced M855 at Walmart yesterday as well, and I rarely ever buy ammo at Walmart...
There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
RockinB

Postby DVC JACK » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:46 pm

One can never have too much. For reloaders. Primers are the weak link and take such a small space to store. Think in terms of a number with st least 5 zeros behind it. A good gun can last a man a lifetime. Without ammo its of little use.
DVC JACK

Postby angie_nrs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:51 pm

Nope - same old, same old for me. If I find a good deal, I buy. If not, I don't. The only thing this changes....is that there probably won't be as many good buys out there anymore. Oh well........ There's other things on my wish list so I'll just go where the deals are.

Just like investing in the stock market.....I don't freak out with the major swings. I know a lot of folks here don't invest in the market, but historically those who stayed the steady coarse (by dollar cost averaging) during turbulent times fared well. I try and keep my ship going in the same direction at the same speed no matter what forces try to pull me one way or the other, trying to look far ahead so that I only have to make minor directional changes as my ship moves forward. It's worked well throughout my life so far and I see no reason to change it now. I'm a believer in the "slow and steady" wins the race mindset. :D For me, it's the whole point of trying to prepare for what may come my way.....even if I have no idea what that may be.
angie_nrs

Postby oxfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:56 pm

I just got home from a trip to the range with a new Ruger LCP in my range bag. Woo Hoo! I've never had a .380 before, but this fits my pocket really well. It shoots fine, although I tended to shoot low with it.

In all I put about 40 rounds through it, with no fail-to-feed or fail-to-eject problems. Merry Christmas to me!
oxfat

Postby DVC JACK » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Unfortunately we have a lunatic with an ink well signing Executive Orders that could change the course of acquisition rights over night. Those of us who are prepared and stocked are not worried. However a beginner or anyone who has doubt about their personal supply should act asap. Its more comfortable driving across the desert with a full tank of gas and a couple 5 gallon jugs binded down. Ive got mine but I dont have enough for you
Think EXCESS.
DVC JACK

Postby bacpacker1513 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:08 pm

I always look at ammo at a store or gun show. I'll only buy if the price is right, unless I'm looking for something particular. For example, I like the Hornaday Critical Defense round for my carry pistols. I try and box a box or two when I find it. I've never found it in bulk and I am trying to build a stock of it. Takes a while 20 rounds at a time.
I agree with stocking reloading components. Primers and powder are my main gets right now. I have a bunch of brass for my primary calibers. Done pretty well building up good lead stock for them. Shotgun rounds are something else I have been working to build up. I found some decent buys on 4,5,& 6 shot recently.
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Why are you only NOW getting concerned? .... been a whole series of Muslim attacks that have simply been downplayed by Obammy & Company - they are just having trouble getting the latest BS crammed past the media and accepted by the country - almost 100% due to the Paris attacks - you see for yourself they're still trying to sell it as a disgruntled employee dispute ....

In addition to the terrorism coming in from overseas - How about concern for the domestic terrorism under the guise of Black Lives Matter and all the gooberment condoned rioting in Ferguson and Baltimore .... How exactly does anyone trust your & yours life & safety to a gooberment that just opens the gates to rioting/looting/arson /assaults? - "Room to Express Themselves" ....

Disarm yourself and trust in the coppers responding in 5 minutes .... everyone saw the both the Baltimore & Ferguson coppers overwhelmed and chased around by the rioters ... just what happens to YOUR neighborhood when the rioters decide the retail section isn't satisfying any longer .... It's Lock & Load Time - Express YOURSELF .....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby JayJay » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Seen this yet??
OOH-RAH!!

Loretta Lynch: "Prosecute Me" for anti-Islam speech!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaCDM-DUEPY
HAPPINESS is not a fish you catch but a fish you feed.
JayJay

Postby oxfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:Why are you only NOW getting concerned? .... been a whole series of Muslim attacks that have simply been downplayed by Obammy & Company - they are just having trouble getting the latest BS crammed past the media and accepted by the country - almost 100% due to the Paris attacks - you see for yourself they're still trying to sell it as a disgruntled employee dispute

Was this meant for me? If so, I should probably say that I am not only now getting concerned. I should have made the tone of my post a little more like, "Buy more guns, Murica!!"

I intended for it to be more a tone of defiance against the lousy administration we have.

I've been stocking up over time, but the anti-gun rhetoric over the last week has been ratcheted up to another level. So I was responding to that.

Does that clarify my post?
oxfat

Postby oxfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:32 pm

JayJay wrote:Seen this yet??
OOH-RAH!!

Loretta Lynch: "Prosecute Me" for anti-Islam speech!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaCDM-DUEPY

Yes! I've watched it a couple of times. Sort of brings a tear of pride to your eye.
oxfat

Postby oxfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 pm

BTW, my new LCP is the 'Custom' model with the stainless steel guide rod, improved trigger, and better sights. Woot!
oxfat

Postby oxfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:38 pm

RockinB wrote:I've been in ammo mode for a while but I did order two "impulse cases" of 45 & 223 after this happened. I also picked up 600 rounds of overpriced M855 at Walmart yesterday as well, and I rarely ever buy ammo at Walmart...

I know wht you mean. I stopped at Walmart a couple of days ago. The staff doesn't really know anything, their ammo is back behind the counter where it is hard to see, and the calibers are in no particular order. I like Lucky Gunner for ammo.
oxfat

Postby Photon Guy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Cast Iron wrote:If I had the funds, even though I dont need it, yes I would!

I second that.
Photon Guy

Next

Return to Guns