• Advertisement

Buying More Guns/Ammo as a Result of San Bernardino?

Topics about guns

Re: Buying More Guns/Ammo as a Result of San Bernardino?

Postby Illini Warrior » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Well it's here .... almost 100% chance tomorrow nite's Oval Office address will have a "not announced" anti-gun agenda - I expect the unwrapping of that pile of EOs Obammy has been sitting on since the Oregon shooting - the CA shootings is his excuse - "Don't let a crisis go to waste" ....

Anyone taking bets?
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby IceFire » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:19 pm

That's a "sucker bet" Illini, and you know it!
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby BK in KC » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:16 am

oxfat wrote:BTW, my new LCP is the 'Custom' model with the stainless steel guide rod, improved trigger, and better sights. Woot!

I have that same model and I love it. The sights are a huge improvement over the original model.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:54 am

angie_nrs wrote:Nope - same old, same old for me. If I find a good deal, I buy. If not, I don't. The only thing this changes....is that there probably won't be as many good buys out there anymore. Oh well........ There's other things on my wish list so I'll just go where the deals are.

Just like investing in the stock market.....I don't freak out with the major swings. I know a lot of folks here don't invest in the market, but historically those who stayed the steady coarse (by dollar cost averaging) during turbulent times fared well. I try and keep my ship going in the same direction at the same speed no matter what forces try to pull me one way or the other, trying to look far ahead so that I only have to make minor directional changes as my ship moves forward. It's worked well throughout my life so far and I see no reason to change it now. I'm a believer in the "slow and steady" wins the race mindset. :D For me, it's the whole point of trying to prepare for what may come my way.....even if I have no idea what that may be.

Same here. Like everything else we buy on a steady and regular basis.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:46 am

oxfat wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:Why are you only NOW getting concerned? .... been a whole series of Muslim attacks that have simply been downplayed by Obammy & Company - they are just having trouble getting the latest BS crammed past the media and accepted by the country - almost 100% due to the Paris attacks - you see for yourself they're still trying to sell it as a disgruntled employee dispute

Was this meant for me? If so, I should probably say that I am not only now getting concerned. I should have made the tone of my post a little more like, "Buy more guns, Murica!!"

I intended for it to be more a tone of defiance against the lousy administration we have.

I've been stocking up over time, but the anti-gun rhetoric over the last week has been ratcheted up to another level. So I was responding to that.

Does that clarify my post?

I got the tone of your OP.
Would like to be one of the gun purchases count numbers next month of, stick it in the eye of gun grabbers.

But I have other things that require (necessities) my funds.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby DVC JACK » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:46 am

A 6 pak of Colt MARC 901s in order for X-Mas. I wonder who is gonna sign for them hahaha.
DVC JACK

Postby Calimom » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 am

I always give ammo to my loved ones for Christmas (Great stocking stuffer)and it's on my shopping list once a month!
Calimom

Postby DVC JACK » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 am

Calimom wrote:I always give ammo to my loved ones for Christmas (Great stocking stuffer)and it's on my shopping list once a month!
Now youre a thoughtful loving Mom. Merry X-Mas
DVC JACK

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:41 am

Calimom wrote:I always give ammo to my loved ones for Christmas (Great stocking stuffer)and it's on my shopping list once a month!

Love it!
Reb :D
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby AuntBee » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:51 am

Illini Warrior wrote:Well it's here .... almost 100% chance tomorrow nite's Oval Office address will have a "not announced" anti-gun agenda - I expect the unwrapping of that pile of EOs Obammy has been sitting on since the Oregon shooting - the CA shootings is his excuse - "Don't let a crisis go to waste" ....

Anyone taking bets?

Yep. As Reb said, that's a sucker bet. No doubt in my mind that Obama will get out his little pen when Congress doesn't do what he wants.. The New York Times POS newspaper had an article stating that people who own certain types of guns should be prepared to turn them in for the good of the country, and be happy to do so.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... ntrol.html

I like this article. A breath of rational thought.

Aunt Bee
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network
New York Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:19 am

That wasn't me saying it was a "sucker bet". It was Icefire. I only bet on sure things, like Obama taking precisely the worst actions for our country.

Wife and I are off to the annual "Honor and Remember" banquet in Virginia Beach. "Madison Rising" is the entertainment. Since we are visiting the "People's Republic", we will both be carrying. Stopping by "Dick's" to pick up 100 count boxes of 9mm for $20.

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby DVC JACK » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:46 pm

I can barely tolerate ObaMao on any level. Sober. Im having a few cold Pacifico Ballenas today so I best just read about what that damn muslim spouts on Drudge or Breitbart tomorrow. That sarcastic America hating thug could ruin a good drunk hahaha.
DVC JACK

Postby bacpacker1513 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:52 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:That wasn't me saying it was a "sucker bet". It was Icefire. I only bet on sure things, like Obama taking precisely the worst actions for our country.

Wife and I are off to the annual "Honor and Remember" banquet in Virginia Beach. "Madison Rising" is the entertainment. Since we are visiting the "People's Republic", we will both be carrying. Stopping by "Dick's" to pick up 100 count boxes of 9mm for $20.

Reb

Reb, I love Madison Rising. Some of the best patriotic music around right now. they probably won't fit everyones taste, but you should listen to the words. Very moving.
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Postby DVC JACK » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:55 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:That wasn't me saying it was a "sucker bet". It was Icefire. I only bet on sure things, like Obama taking precisely the worst actions for our country.

Reb

What brand ? For practice almost all will do. For long term storage I only utilize the best. Of course anything beats nothing if youre in a bind.
Ill soon have tons of ammo coming out of my completely enclosed airtight storage for rotation. Ill post on how things worked out after the X-Mas holidays. With the current state of the Union Ill be beefing up the reserve too. Gonna be interesting. Im expecting the best.
DVC JACK

Postby anita » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Madison Rising??? You are so lucky! Have you seen this video. It played at the end of Dinesh D'Souza's most recent movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmuIyZyRug
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

anita

PreviousNext

Return to Guns