• Advertisement

Would you get this?

Topics about guns

Would you get this?

Postby Photon Guy » Fri May 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Would you get this? Its supposed to be a non-lethal type of gun. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib__FUWnxPk

Here is the main website for the product.

http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/tec ... fense-gun/
Photon Guy

Re: Would you get this?

Postby apache235 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:34 pm

In a word, No. In several words, I can see some merit to it, but if you are being threatened then lethal force is justified, and if you are being attacked, then lethal force is necessary.
apache235

Postby daaswampman » Fri May 12, 2017 9:44 pm

No - that is a real bad idea and can get you killed! What if he is not packing confetti and you just pi**ed him off? Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby BK in KC » Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 pm

No.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 pm

apache235 wrote:In a word, No. In several words, I can see some merit to it, but if you are being threatened then lethal force is justified, and if you are being attacked, then lethal force is necessary.

That would depend on where you are. In NJ you will almost certainly get in trouble for using lethal force, even if an intruder breaks into your house.

But provided you are not somewhere such as NJ than I see your point. If lethal force is justified than by all means use it, it will save time and tax payers money to sentence the perp. when you deliver the death penalty right then and there, provided you can be legally justified in doing so.
Photon Guy

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 am

Photon Guy wrote:
apache235 wrote:In a word, No. In several words, I can see some merit to it, but if you are being threatened then lethal force is justified, and if you are being attacked, then lethal force is necessary.

That would depend on where you are. In NJ you will almost certainly get in trouble for using lethal force, even if an intruder breaks into your house.

But provided you are not somewhere such as NJ than I see your point. If lethal force is justified than by all means use it, it will save time and tax payers money to sentence the perp. when you deliver the death penalty right then and there, provided you can be legally justified in doing so.

Uh Uh....NO. :shakeno:

If you ever even needed to defend yourself with ANY weapon, there is no justification unless in IMMINENT FEAR OF DEATH.

Even in NJ, let alone anywhere, that is the only reason to draw, let alone fire..... If you are in imminent fear of death, again even in NJ, you either accept the fate you find yourself in and do what you can, or you shoot to stop the threat if you happen to be legally armed.

That's it. No exceptions. You never shoot to kill or you're going to prison for a very long time. Killing someone intentionally is never justifiable no matter the circumstance. If they die as a result of your actions while defending yourself as you were without a doubt in imminent fear of death you most likely wont be found guilty of manslaughter or murder but in a lot of states, like here in CA you are most likely going to jail immediately until that's decided even if just in the short term.

That's all part of the decision process understanding the consequences her in CA even being armed. It's simply a decision that I choose to not die if ever in that situation understanding I'm going to jail even if short termed when being completely justified and legal because I'd rather be alive in jail than dead from that type of encounter.

My point being, if you were to even draw a salt gun to defend yourself you need to be in imminent fear of death....If you're truly in imminent fear of death do you want salt for that where in no way it can fully incapacitate someone intent on murder towards you?

Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby rickdun » Sat May 13, 2017 10:03 am

Here in PA, under the castle doctrine, you can shoot them off your front porch, if you feel threatened. Heck, you can even shoot somebody if they're beating up somebody else to save that somebody else. No law in PA to retreat anymore, it's now called, stand your ground.

About 3 or 4 years ago, in another county, somebody was knocking at an older couples front door, saying open the door or I'll kick it in.

Needless to say the old guy shoot through the door and killed the young fellow. The young guy was drunk and thought he was knocking on the door of his girlfriend that lived next door. The District Attorney filed no charges as the old guy felt threatened.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Sat May 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Nope.
CS gas in an enclosed area.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby blue fox » Sun May 14, 2017 10:23 am

Why buy this when you can buy pepper spray for the same reason?
On the other side of this I can see criminals using it like these guys want us to use it.
blue fox
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Sun May 14, 2017 7:00 pm

rickdun wrote:Here in PA, under the castle doctrine, you can shoot them off your front porch, if you feel threatened. Heck, you can even shoot somebody if they're beating up somebody else to save that somebody else. No law in PA to retreat anymore, it's now called, stand your ground.

About 3 or 4 years ago, in another county, somebody was knocking at an older couples front door, saying open the door or I'll kick it in.

Needless to say the old guy shoot through the door and killed the young fellow. The young guy was drunk and thought he was knocking on the door of his girlfriend that lived next door. The District Attorney filed no charges as the old guy felt threatened.

You're supposed to meet force with equal force. Shooting somebody who is beating someone else up, unless they're using a weapon you could be charged with the use of excessive force. Shooting an unarmed person could get you in trouble for using excessive force and if you kill them that's grounds for manslaughter. As far as I know that's how it is everywhere in the country, you're supposed to meet force with equal force. Apparently in states such as NY if a confrontation ends with your attacker being hurt worse than you than you will be the one getting in trouble, even if your attacker attacked first.
Photon Guy

Postby daaswampman » Sun May 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Photon Guy wrote:
rickdun wrote:Here in PA, under the castle doctrine, you can shoot them off your front porch, if you feel threatened. Heck, you can even shoot somebody if they're beating up somebody else to save that somebody else. No law in PA to retreat anymore, it's now called, stand your ground.

You're supposed to meet force with equal force. Shooting somebody who is beating someone else up, unless they're using a weapon you could be charged with the use of excessive force. Shooting an unarmed person could get you in trouble for using excessive force and if you kill them that's grounds for manslaughter. As far as I know that's how it is everywhere in the country, you're supposed to meet force with equal force. Apparently in states such as NY if a confrontation ends with your attacker being hurt worse than you than you will be the one getting in trouble, even if your attacker attacked first.

Louisiana's Self Defense Law. In Louisiana deadly force may be used, without an obligation to retreat, whenever a person is in imminent danger of being killed or facing great bodily harm and that deadly force is necessary to prevent the killing or seriously injury.

It says nothing related to weapons being equal or both parties being armed. It is why a friend shot and killed an unarmed drug addict trying to break into his home and got nothing but the respect of his neighbors. He had no way to know if someone breaking in his door was armed or not! Nor is a weapon necessary to put someone in imminent danger! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Postby BK in KC » Sun May 14, 2017 10:17 pm

daaswampman wrote:
Photon Guy wrote:

Louisiana's Self Defense Law. In Louisiana deadly force may be used, without an obligation to retreat, whenever a person is in imminent danger of being killed or facing great bodily harm and that deadly force is necessary to prevent the killing or seriously injury.

It says nothing related to weapons being equal or both parties being armed. It is why a friend shot and killed an unarmed drug addict trying to break into his home and got nothing but the respect of his neighbors. He had no way to know if someone breaking in his door was armed or not! Nor is a weapon necessary to put someone in imminent danger! Swamp

Swamp is correct. Photon Guy you really need to read The Law of Self Defense by Andrew Branca.
"It is remarkable the amount of ire you collect nowadays, like lint, simply by being insufficiently worshipful of the State and its gentle intentions." --James Lileks

Drink the Kool-Aid: it’ll taste sweet. That burning sensation in your throat is just that feeling of liberation, as your soul separates from your flesh.
BK in KC

Postby Photon Guy » Mon May 15, 2017 2:53 pm

daaswampman wrote:Louisiana's Self Defense Law. In Louisiana deadly force may be used, without an obligation to retreat, whenever a person is in imminent danger of being killed or facing great bodily harm and that deadly force is necessary to prevent the killing or seriously injury.

Well that's Louisiana and as for me, I say hats off to your friend for ridding this world of another dangerous person but in other places that can get you in big trouble. I know of a case in NYC where a woman was attacked on the street. She was carrying an umbrella so she beat up her attacker with the umbrella and then reported it that she was attacked and that she defended herself. She ended up facing charges. So like I said, much of it depends on the place. Your friend could be in big trouble had he been in NY or NJ.
Photon Guy

Postby Photon Guy » Mon May 15, 2017 2:55 pm

BK in KC wrote:Swamp is correct. Photon Guy you really need to read The Law of Self Defense by Andrew Branca.

Alright thanks, I will check it out.
Photon Guy

Postby rickdun » Mon May 15, 2017 3:23 pm

I am glad I live in Pennsylvania, picked up 2 AR's at the flea market Sunday, no paperwork involved except the exchange of a guy named Ben Franklin. Can't do that in New York or New Jersey or any other liberal state, same with stand your ground.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun

Next

Return to Guns