• Advertisement

***Preps 4 Pets New BLOG ***

Forum for members to discuss their blogs and connect with each other.

***Preps 4 Pets New BLOG ***

Postby preps4pets » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Howdy, my name is Brian Rainey and i started a new blog for Pet Preparedness! the website is http:www.preps4pets.wordpress.com Come check it out and tell me what you think? I DO NOT SELL anything, my main focus is to get information out there about our furry friends!
[b]Check us out @ http://www.preps4pets.wordpress.com My Pet Preparedness Website! Don't Leave your Furry Friends Behind!![/b]
preps4pets

Re: ***Preps 4 Pets New BLOG ***

Postby MoosePath » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Sounds good, I will check it out.
MoosePath

Postby Trucker » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:49 am

Mr. Negativity here.
As long as you realize that a dog can be good for security on a short term basis and a food source - if you run out of food, you will be ok.
Personally I see animals as a nuisance, something that is going to take up room in my vehicle when I am leaving and something that I am going to have to feed daily when I get there.
Having to carry food for an animal doesn't make much sense from a perspective of a SHTF type situation. At least a horse - you can get some work out of it.
A cat or a bird - forget it!

My first goal is self preservation..
Let em go and fend for themselves...
I wouldn't leave home unless it was that bad!!
Trucker

Postby Pedro wyoming » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:26 am

Welcome Preps4pets,
I checked out your blog and it has some good info for pet owners. However, i would caution you that the cut N suck snake bite kit has been obsolete for many years. It does not extract any venom and only allows for additional trauma at the bite sight.

I would suggest either Red Rocks biologics vioer innoculation for the little ruffs at http://www.redrockbiologics.com/ , or direct attenuated envenomation with endemic species. Some vets recommend the RR vaccine and some do not. Not all dogs tolerate it well. I have used locally procured venom to inoculate my German shepherds and one has been put to test already. She was bitten on the face and demonstrated only localised swelling and no necrosis of tissue. She was down for about 8 hours and was running in the pasture the following day. It is time well spent since my little ones are an important layer in defense of the farm.
Check your PMs.
Again, welcome to the forum.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Return to Survival Mom-Blog Ring