• Advertisement

how do you make extra money as a prepper?

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

Re: how do you make extra money as a prepper?

Postby theoutback » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:25 am

AuntBee wrote:It won't make you a fortune, but watch for library book sales. People often donate best sellers (hard cover) and nonfiction on the latest diet or health craze. You can often pick these up in pristine or very good condition, turn around and sell it on Amazon. Also look for discards from the reference collection. Some of those books are extremely expensive and libraries are discarding them because they are getting everything electronically, but many people prefer the hard copy.

If you are ambitious, you can always watch for coffee table books and frame the pictures to sell.

The other thing that occurs to me is offering services like dog walking or pet sitting, although insurance might be an issue. Personally, I would like to find a good Rent-a-husband to spend a couple of hours doing all the little repairs, or help me move furniture and things like that.

Aunt Bee
Cannot get that friggin' shower head off

Aunt Bee, you should do stand up comedy, I'd pay to see that! :D

I sell apples for extra cash.
theoutback

Postby Genevieve » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:04 am

I recycle metal. I ask at construction sites and pick up metal set outside at folk's home they want the trash man to take ( which they don't duh). I then take it apart or clean it ( strip out the different metals and separate them get more money that way with clean metal). What is left over I take to another place and get a dollar( or less now ) for every hundred pounds so I still make money off of the leftovers too.
I don't make much in a year. maybe couple of thousand but it all goes to preps and is worth the work since it doesn't come out of our budget.
BLOG LINK ORDERED REMOVED

apparently I have a "potty" mouth. I'm rolling my eyes at that. What are we 6 years old? Or are we in kindergarten? geesh
Genevieve
West Virginia Preppers Network
West Virginia Preppers Network

Postby FussyOldHen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 pm

"I then take it apart or clean it ( strip out the different metals and separate them get more money that way with clean metal)."

Many people don't know that you will get a higher price if you separate the metals-- they just turn it in all mixed together and get the lowest price. If you're gonna do it, you might as well get as much as you can!
FussyOldHen

Postby jimLE » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:01 pm

i've made extra money 3 diff ways so far..yard sales,eBay and a group on Facebook where a person can sell items within a certain distance of where they live.and the extra money i make,either goes towards paying any bill(s) that need paying,if any..and what ever is left or all of it,goes towards what ever i decide on..
jimLE

Postby HaloStar » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:21 am

I have friends who will pay for things they could (and should) make themselves, IF it is in a pretty blue, purple or green (Ball heritage collection) jar with a trendy chalkboard label. Any leftover laundry detergent, fabric softener, "wrinkle release", etc gets put in a jar and is waiting for the next 'do you have any...." text.

I also coupon. People LOVE "black market" diapers, cosmetics and other health and beauty items.

I also sell Plexus Slim (nasty, chemical laden stuff). How people can drink that stuff is beyond me...but, it makes me $$$$
HaloStar
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 am

North Idaho Patriot wrote:Money is nothing more than the representation of time and labor.

Time, labor, and goods.
Photon Guy

Previous

Return to Financial Issues