• Advertisement

IRS confiscating bank accounts, no crime involved

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

Re: IRS confiscating bank accounts, no crime involved

Postby Levi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:41 am

Our Obomanation in the white house.

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually
proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

The National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior,
asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the
animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

P!
Levi
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby Stahlrosen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:17 am

Has anyone noticed in their area that if you pay in cash, places are asking for your phone #? Of course you don't give them the real one, but I wonder why they do that. More tracking?
I agree with Fussy, even the MAFIA isn't as crooked as the IRS!
Stahlrosen

Postby Lynda » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:01 am

You never have to give your phone number to any merchant, whether you pay in cash, debit or credit. Checks are different in that most merchants require this on your check.

I've made large financial transactions through my credit union and was never questioned.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 am

No, I have never had to give my phone number when paying cash.

If its over $10k the bank does make you report it, I took more out one time and
they said make it less, nope I wasn't doing that, I just filled out the papers. I
don't think the bank wanted to mess with it either. Supposedly its about
drug lords, like that's going to deter them, please.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby AuntBee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:41 am

Well, at least this is getting some MSM coverage now. It will be a 24 hour hot topic then fade away again. I like Fussy's comparison of Americans to tree stumps. One thing that really bothered me is that even if the victims win a law suit, getting their money back takes years, if at all.

Hey, remember the Burning of Washington 200 years ago? Some of you were there. We need a nice historic re-enactment to celebrate the bicentennial. We don't have to have the Brits, although at this point they might be interested in giving us some pointers.

Aunt Bee
Let's check those Diamond strike-anywhere matches again
AuntBee
New York Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 pm

AuntBee wrote:Well, at least this is getting some MSM coverage now. It will be a 24 hour hot topic then fade away again. I like Fussy's comparison of Americans to tree stumps. One thing that really bothered me is that even if the victims win a law suit, getting their money back takes years, if at all.

Hey, remember the Burning of Washington 200 years ago? Some of you were there. We need a nice historic re-enactment to celebrate the bicentennial. We don't have to have the Brits, although at this point they might be interested in giving us some pointers.

Aunt Bee
Let's check those Diamond strike-anywhere matches again

Maybe the Brits would take us back.

Oh, I forgot, we already have a king.

Reb
nevermind
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby FussyOldHen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Ask WHY they want your phone number. Some merchants are tracking you to give you a "reward" after you spend a certain amount of money with them, and give you $10 or so off the next purchase. I only do it with the feed store... if govt wants to know how much I spend on clumping cat litter, I guess it's okay with me.

Other merchants are giving you a card for the same purpose: Safeway, Fred Meyer/Kroger, etc.
FussyOldHen

Postby mintbird » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:24 pm

An earlier article by the Washington Post about "structuring". Our government is so corrupt, I'm ashamed. I could totally go on a rant about how all levels of government are stealing from us, but I won't, I need to decompress or my head will implode :cursing:

Oh wait, one more thing... How can the people be so dam* ignorant and not resist this criminal activity. Civil Forfeiture is insane. Oh sorry, I forgot they're all watching Honey Booboo and the Kardashians --- never mind. I'm going back to decompression... A gallon of bourdon should do it. :blink:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... idiculous/
P!

No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission
mintbird

Postby AuntBee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Honey Boob Boob was just cancelled. There was no noticeable improvement in the public's IQ.

Haven't read the article you linked. I don't want to get even more wound up before bed time. :-( i get depressed enough watching the news during the day.

Pass the bottle, mintbird. We could all use it. :-)

Aunt Bee
AuntBee

Postby JMB1911 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm

AuntBee wrote:Honey Boob Boob was just cancelled. There was no noticeable improvement in the public's IQ.

Haven't read the article you linked. I don't want to get even more wound up before bed time. :-( i get depressed enough watching the news during the day.

Pass the bottle, mintbird. We could all use it. :-)

Aunt Bee

Please respect me. I am in mourning about this great loss... :rolleyes:
JMB1911

Postby LeeLynn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:28 pm

rebnavy1862 wrote:
PatrioticStabilist wrote:I must be doing something wrong, they have never confiscated any money from us.

I had a letter from them claiming we owed $20k on a 401k rollover and how did I want to pay it, because it was done twice in one 12 month period. Believe me I had done my home work. I sent the paper work documenting it had not been rolled over twice in one calendar period, they dropped the action. My husband was just going to pay it, I told him, noway, we do not owe this.

You just need to have and RETAIN good paper trails, you don't need an attorney in most cases just good documentation. But then I was an accountant so I document EVERYTHING. I got a letter back for my file saying I was correct and the action was dropped.

I am sure Dr. Ben Carson never did anything wrong, but he was audited twice by the IRS in the last two years. His crime? Criticizing Obama at a White House prayer breakfast.

I know it's off topic but I loved that speech and would vote for Ben every time, if he ran for office.
LeeLynn

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Leelynn, my wife knows Dr. Carson personally. He removed a brain tumor from her son years before we were married. She says he is exactly as he appears. Real genuine and a real gentleman.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat also, but the vermin in the political swamp would chew him up.

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby WillBkool » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Ben Carson is weak on the 2nd amendment, he'll never get my vote unless he changes his opinion about semi-automatics.

As for the gubmint stealing people's money in bank accounts, luckily I'm poor enough that there isn't much in there. I'm too busy prepping and also enjoying life. That's another reason why I don't have direct deposit anymore, if they did seize my account, I could cash my work check somewhere else.
Gearing up, one bullet and seed at a time.
P-MAG Panhandle Mutual Assistance Group
670 watts of solar panels, 315 amp hours @ 24 volts battery bank
WillBkool

Postby mintbird » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Will, they don't just take your bank account... they can take ANY ASSET you have :cursing:
P!

No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission
mintbird

Postby DVC JACK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 pm

FussyOldHen wrote:Americans will act like tree stumps as long as it's all happening to someone else. Too dumb, too lazy, too complacent, "it won't happen to us".

Exactly. We've had it easy too long. Even a terrorist strike like Paris wouldn't wake up the American citizenry now. Sure for a couple weeks and then it would be the same old thing over again. More laws and regulations. A couple speeches. Then import more muslims and smile. It will take a major attack. Possibly nuclear or biological.
Its sad but true.
DVC JACK

PreviousNext

Return to Financial Issues