• Advertisement

Investing

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

Re: Investing

Postby northshoremountains » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Given that she's young, the power of compound interest is on her side! Therefore, even a low return, as achieved in bonds, could still produce a powerful result. Why not supplement the value of the investment with some education for her as well: http://courses.corporatefinanceinstitute.com/courses/introduction-to-fixed-income
northshoremountains

Postby jfritz » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:02 am

It doesn't sound like stocks are the right thing for her situation, but it's worth mentioning robin hood for fee-less stock purchases. It's quick and easy if you're willing to do the research, but not a good tool for the impulsive.

The stock market is not the best place if you need liquid assets. Probably best to just find a good safe for now until you find a better option.
jfritz

Postby Dirk Williams » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Just another view, but our world, our nation is so far down the rabbit hole, financially, the fundamentals of sound investing are clearly out the door. I agree with many here, I to would like to park my money in something, no way that's goi g to happen.

Our worlds broke, yet the markets are at an all time high, yet most retirement funds, are producing maybe 2/3 percent. Do the math, that's one percent for you, one for your broker, and then uncle sugar gets his cut, at some point.

I don't know where I wrote this, but the US, is 19/20 trillion in debt, and theirs roughly 19/20 trillion dollars in savings accounts retirement accounts.

With the new G-7 banking rules, we the people will by law come out on the bottom, why would you ever loose investment money. You shouldn't.

Tough choices anymore.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Previous

Return to Financial Issues