• Advertisement

Do you know how we got in this mess!

Discuss Finances Here. *Note, this is not a replacement for Professional advice and should not be used for such.

Moderator: medic94

Do you know how we got in this mess!

Postby eochief66 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:34 pm

What you didn't know about our fiat dollars from beginning to end!

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/1 ... ngold.html
eochief66
New York Preppers Network

Re: Do you know how we got in this mess!

Postby daaswampman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Excellent information and thank you! It is sad how few people understand what is and is not money. Same thing goes for stocks and bonds. The devil is in the details. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby eochief66 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:36 am

Not saying that I fully understand the system, but many people's eyes glaze over when the subject is brought up!
This is the root cause of many, many problems we have had and are having with our economy.
I know there are pros and cons to the subject but I believe way more negatives than good has happened with a system that history has taught us has failed every time it was tried.
But we as human beings continue to believe that we can still pick up a piece of poo poo by the "clean" end and not get our hands dirty!
eochief66

Postby FussyOldHen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Swamp: "It is sad how few people understand what is and is not money. Same thing goes for stocks and bonds. The devil is in the details."

Absolutely correct!

I'm sure that most of the people here think I'm down on the American educational system (True), but this is one of the reasons behind it. The simple truth of the matter is that an ignorant population is easier to swindle than an educated one.

And it's working FINE, isn't it?
FussyOldHen

Postby daaswampman » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:32 pm

If people actually knew how their money (life-work-future) is being spent, they would be outraged and ready for a revolution. I sincerely don't mind some of my taxes being spent for the public good, but I would like to get my monies worth.

And YES I agree - And it's working FINE, isn't it?
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Postby sherrygforjp_1God » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:38 pm

So, Knowing all of this I think the answer is barter. We must gather things to use other than fiat money. For myself, bullets, food and supplies for food are the answer. I also am gathering up emergency medicine so that we can survive without a pharmacy.

SherryG
sherrygforjp_1God

Postby CJay » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:14 pm

daaswampman wrote:If people actually knew how their money (life-work-future) is being spent, they would be outraged and ready for a revolution. I sincerely don't mind some of my taxes being spent for the public good, but I would like to get my monies worth.

And YES I agree - And it's working FINE, isn't it?

Prior to 1913 there were no individual income taxes (save for a brief period during wartime) and we had an education system military police and military.
CJay

Postby FussyOldHen » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:11 pm

"Prior to 1913 there were no individual income taxes (save for a brief period during wartime) and we had an education system military police and military."

We also had the highest growth period during that time.

Woodrow Wilson (D) was president, and he insisted that Congress pass the 16th Amendment for a personal income tax. He personally addressed Congress, because the Democrats finally controlled both houses of Congress for the first time in 18 years. It was ratified in February, 1913.

In December of the same year, the banking thieves, the Dems and Wilson pushed through the Federal Reserve Act. Do you see any connection? And we've been going downhill ever since.
FussyOldHen

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:41 pm

In my entire life I have been distrustful of Wall Street, the Stock Market, and investments in the private sector. I has about $500.00 in a money market fund back in the early 1990s, but had some misfortune and had to withdraw all of it and close my account.. When Bernie Madoff and those other thieves stole millions or billions of dollars of people's life savings for retirement I was not a victim. I know how easy it was for them to do what they did and the temptation was just too great for anyone without the highest standards of morality honesty scruples, and decency. There was also a lack in oversight and transparency and accountability. To me after studying the stock market in 7th grade back in 1964-1965, I decided it was too much like gambling and the risk of losing every penny was too great. Then later I studied IRAs and Mutual funds, and similar plans and programs, and did not like what I found out about them. I worked for a company for awhile that had a mandatory retirement fund for all of its employees. Awhile after I no longer worked for that company, I contacted them and the company who handled those accounts to withdraw the money I had withheld from my paychecks every week. They said I had no money left because it was all stolen for "maintenance" fees to keep it there. It wasn't worth going to court over and they were probably protected by some stupid law that allowed them to nibble at MY money for fees until they had taken it all. I have wondered what ever happened to U.S. Savings Bonds. Even Municipal Bonds for Public Works and such are fairly reliable but they are usually for the long term. (10-30 years before reaching maturity) Banks go broke too as some did in 2007-2008. Mainly from mismanagement and poor decision making. So...what is a risk free way to save money without risking losing it to the people who are holding it for you? In my estimation, there is no such thing. Even currency is not all that safe because inflation can make it worthless. The best a person could do is precious metals, and Real Estate or land. As long as the property taxes are kept paid up, and you do not have financial problems that cause liens on the property and you are not sued for any reason causing you to sell it to pay a court judgement. So I guess a stash of precious metals that no one knows about is the best a person could do. And leave directions to your heirs on how to locate it and get it if you die before you use it. If I were to invest ANY of my money at all it would be in precious metals that I would take personal delivery and physical possession of. I also sat down one day and made a list of every tax, fee, license, permit, surcharge, I knew of and could think of that exist in America today. It is mind boggling. Alcohol, tobacco, tires, batteries, sporting goods (including fishing tackle, firearms and ammunition), phone bills, sales, income, property, gasoline and diesel, construction, business licenses, inspections, hunting, fishing, drivers licenses, car and vehicle Titles, registrations, license plates, parking meters and other public parking areas, boats, RVs, Campers, and vending machines, and gambling, Passports, Gov't issued ID cards, camp site fees, capital gains.. This is just a few off the top of my head and only a small fraction of the total. The entire list is as long as my arm. There are many that most people are not aware of but included in the price they pay for goods and services and permissions, and are just given another name, but they are taxes none the less in the strictest sense of the word. For over 100 years the American people have been continually ripped off. So...how much of your Gross income are you paying in "TAXES" OF ALL KINDS??? You would be Very Angry to know just exactly how much it REALLY is. Start making your list and see if I am correct, get with friends and make the list together as a trivia game. You will be shocked and astonished. Government, Politics and Big business are not at all strange bedfellows. One hand washes the other and they all benefit from it in one way or another. Yes, an ignorant society is easier to cheat than an educated one. :-)
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Return to Financial Issues