• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

Practical Preppers

Post reviews about Doomsday Preppers here

Practical Preppers

Postby Hiker72 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 pm

A quick article on the guys doing the evaluation. Doesn't really say anything I don't believe we haven't heard before, but it's just another example of the show's apparent popularity and more media coverage of preppers.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/sc ... 42094.html
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Anonymous

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure. - General Colin L. Powell
Hiker72
Ohio State Moderator
Ohio State Moderator

Re: Practical Preppers

Postby TimWhite » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 pm

I've watched many of there you tube videos, they are both very sharp.
"We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

"Pride and arrogance are a lethal combination and have brought about the downfall of many powerful men". Charlie Daniels
TimWhite
Illinois Preppers Network
Illinois Preppers Network

Postby connecticut yankee » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:50 pm

[color=#BF0000]P+[/color]
connecticut yankee
Connecticut Preppers Network
Connecticut Preppers Network

Postby Happy Prepper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:39 am

"Practical Preppers" input to the Doomsday Preppers?

Aren't these the guys who had the suggestion for the woman with a well thought out storage plan that she flee into the desert where she'd die in the morass of a linear parking lot, or TEOTWAWKI Highway of Death, along with the others rather than stay with her hoard of food and water? Also, didn't they tell the small, cute family with tiny children to let their whole neighborhood know that they had a sanctuary full of self sustaining resources? Or were they the experts who have dismissed the notion of problems including social unrest (which has occurred and will occur in places this summer), economic problems (which we are experiencing) and pandemic influenza (which we've experienced) as concerns?

If this is their sort of suggestions...they can keep them. Some folks pay for that silliness??? :eek:
We can do great things.

Let's start now!
Happy Prepper

Postby azsquirrelcop » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 am

i've contacted Scott Hunt twice, I have never gotten a reply either time. They want to help you my butt!

i'll stick to my own plan... thanks
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." ----Thomas Jefferson
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby gannett » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:16 am

Happy Prepper wrote:"Practical Preppers" input to the Doomsday Preppers?

Aren't these the guys who had the suggestion for the woman with a well thought out storage plan that she flee into the desert where she'd die in the morass of a linear parking lot, or TEOTWAWKI Highway of Death, along with the others rather than stay with her hoard of food and water? Also, didn't they tell the small, cute family with tiny children to let their whole neighborhood know that they had a sanctuary full of self sustaining resources? Or were they the experts who have dismissed the notion of problems including social unrest (which has occurred and will occur in places this summer), economic problems (which we are experiencing) and pandemic influenza (which we've experienced) as concerns?

If this is their sort of suggestions...they can keep them. Some folks pay for that silliness??? :eek:

No, they were not the experts at the time of these segments.
gannett

Postby gannett » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 am

I noticed in the article by Yahoo:
More than 800 people attended a recent prepping conference hosted by Hunt in Columbia, South Carolina.

Our conference was hosted by Solarchef1 not Scott.
gannett

Postby Hiker72 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

azsquirrelcop wrote:i've contacted Scott Hunt twice, I have never gotten a reply either time. They want to help you my butt!

I would guess their email inbox is never quite empty.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Anonymous

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure. - General Colin L. Powell
Hiker72
Ohio State Moderator
Ohio State Moderator

Postby Happy Prepper » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 pm

gannett wrote:
Happy Prepper wrote:"Practical Preppers" input to the Doomsday Preppers?

No, they were not the experts at the time of these segments.

That's good to know, as the 'expert' term is a misnomer in survivalism as we've never been in a full TEOTWAWKI, no one has that's living.
We can do great things.

Let's start now!
Happy Prepper

Postby azsquirrelcop » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:33 am

Hiker72 wrote:
azsquirrelcop wrote:i've contacted Scott Hunt twice, I have never gotten a reply either time. They want to help you my butt!

its almost been 2 months, Im thinking if theres a check attached, they wont answer.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." ----Thomas Jefferson
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Hiker72 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 pm

azsquirrelcop wrote:
Hiker72 wrote:

its almost been 2 months, Im thinking if theres a check attached, they wont answer.

Can I ask where you sent the message? Via his youtube channel or their Practical Preppers website? Maybe what the subject line said?

I sent him a message today and got a reply back in about 5 hours on his youtube channel.
-Anonymous

Hiker72
Ohio State Moderator
Ohio State Moderator

Postby azsquirrelcop » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Hiker72 wrote:Can I ask where you sent the message? Via his youtube channel or their Practical Preppers website? Maybe what the subject line said?

I sent him a message today and got a reply back in about 5 hours on his youtube channel.

I'm not going to mess with it.
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby namwal » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 pm

I believe that the practical preppers were the engineer and former military guy who had the farm with the wood burning truck in the pilot episode. Right?

If you listen, some episodes name the experts as "practical preppers", and some just as "experts".  I simply assumed the experts used to evaluate the show cased preppers state of preparedness were not the same as the "economists", "scientist" and all the others who evaluated the likely hood of the disasters that they were prepping for. Just my perception anyway!
"World oil production can probably keep going up for another 6 or 8 years. But some time in the 1980s it can’t go up much more. Demand will overtake production."-jimmy carter 1977

"Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born"-Newsweek 1970

"civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind,”-George Wald 1970.
namwal
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Hiker72 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:35 pm

namwal wrote:I believe that the practical preppers were the engineer and former military guy who had the farm with the wood burning truck in the pilot episode. Right?

If you listen, some episodes name the experts as "practical preppers", and some just as "experts".  I simply assumed the experts used to evaluate the show cased preppers state of preparedness were not the same as the "economists", "scientist" and all the others who evaluated the likely hood of the disasters that they were prepping for. Just my perception anyway!

Yes it's them. Their organization was contracted to provide feedback for 10 episodes. Not sure how long the season is or if they will be back for next season.
-Anonymous

Hiker72
Ohio State Moderator
Ohio State Moderator

Postby Happy Prepper » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 am

I watched the last episode again...

Their advice to a guy worried (justifiably) about civil unrest was for him to use his leadership skills and tell his community about his preps! Let me jump out there and tell everyone that I've got tons of food in case things go bad. :shock:

Then they said that he needs to have a bug out location despite having a solid brick house in a good neighborhood. 8) Hmmm...so if his brick home with all his resources should be abandoned he's be much better off and safer as a refugee...and go where in Georgia?

So...someone following their advice would be telling all of their neighbors not only do I have everything you need following a collapse in huge quantities, right in my home next to yours, I'm planning on bailing the second things go bad to an uncertain location, where hostile people might already have taken over my stuff, after being caught in the worse of traffic jams, amongst the desperate and unprepared because Practical Preppers recommends this.

Mike justifiably ignored that advice...as did the woman who they suggested leave her food and water behind to die on the highway through the desert.

Practical Preppers consistent advice is to leave your well stocked home in a good location and become a refugee amid the masses of the unprepared to attempt to travel during the chaos to a site that's potentially taken over by someone hostile before you get there!

Brilliant!

Practical Preppers:

"The most important asset is a community network," Hunt said. "If you live in a major population center like Los Angeles, you're going to want to tap into the community for knowledge and resources."

Here's that Los Angeles community they recommend a prepper taps for knowledge and resources and shares their prepper plans with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_SgpyJ ... re=related

Seattle is better than some cities, let's tap into the community for knowledge and resources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzBEmL7g ... re=related

After they get done beating and stealing, how about we follow Practical Preppers advice and invite everyone over to our homes and show them our preps and discuss our plans with those communities.
We can do great things.

Let's start now!
Happy Prepper

Next

Return to Doomsday Preppers