• Advertisement

Rabbit tobacco

Gardening tips, questions and information here

Moderator: mmpaints

Rabbit tobacco

Postby ajax727 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:07 pm

I harvested one top from a rabbit tobacco plant , it is full of seeds so if anyone wants a few seeds let me know .
The plant will grow to around 6 feet or taller it will have long fuzzy leaves 10 to 14 inches and about four inches wide . There are several types so look them up for a better idea of what the plant looks like . The seeds are real small , a pinch of seeds would be 25 to 50 seeds hard to judge the amount . It grows here and there will be several more plants ready in a little while .
Will try and get some regular tobacco seeds also if I can find some tops too that did not get topped off the plants when the fields were topped .
The old seeds I spoke about last year did not sprout so the two quart jars I have are not good they were around 30 years old .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Re: Rabbit tobacco

Postby bacpacker1513 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Not sure what area you live in, but I have heard of it around here before. I'd like to try some, if you have enough. If you get a bunch of request, feel free to move me down the list. Are you interested in trading something for them? I do seed swaps sometimes
Greater Love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.
John 15:13
bacpacker1513
Tennessee Preppers Network
Tennessee Preppers Network

Re: Rabbit tobacco

Postby ajax727 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 am

Bacpacker
If you want a few seeds just PM me I will send you some seeds . It grows wild here in NC . These plants are growing in my goat pen along the fence line , it is a hardy plant and will grow just about anywhere .
I am harvesting the herb seeds now basil, sage and such . Due to health reasons I did not grow a big garden this year but just enough to harvest fresh seeds peas beans and such .
To all please do not list addresses or phone numbers on this post use PM .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Return to Gardening