• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

Rights 'n Things

General discussion about Veterans, LEO and Oathkeepers

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Re: Rights 'n Things

Postby IceFire » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Amen,Lynda! The reason we prep in the FIRST place is so that we cantakecareof ourselves and our families when it all goes down the tubes. Sadly, there are too many people in the world who for some reason think that they have a right to the fruits of someone ELSE's labor. As for those who would steal from others, or advocate doing so, There is one word for them. EVIL.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bane5150 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Pedro wyoming wrote:Lynda makes a great point about the natural rights we have. However, our natural rights are only as certain as our next meal. Before we were civilised enough to recognise rights, we were the apex predator in every environment we inhabited. As our existence becomes more primitive, so shall our behaviour become more primal, atavistic...
Each and every one of us, will kill or be killed. We will protect our babies or we will be extinct. I tend to reply harshly to those who plan to start that way because it is only our frontal lobes and our compassion that separates us from the animals.

pW

I agree with both PW and Lynda...Those who plan to steal from preppers are going to be in a world of hurt and have a very short life span anyways so I wouldn't worry to much about them...If they don't know how to prep they most likely don't have basic survival skills and/or common sense either. Just cause they have a gun doesn't mean they have much range time either if they are to lazy to do anything else mentioned nor enough ammo preps to get there fantasy off the ground. They might get lucky a few times with the ill prepared but it only takes 1 wrong house to remove them from the gene pool leaving there wife and kids fatherless and probably for the best.
Odds are some of these people are fishing for easy targets and info on who has specific items they cant afford/or legally obtain and wish to acquire one way or the other.
I have seen these ppl pop in and outa here over the last year and they never seem to last to long around here anyways...A few tips that I use myself are as follows...
1. Keep tabs on them and if need be internet search them so you know if they are a true threat to anyone in your area.
2. Keep friends close and your enemy's even closer.
3. Befriend them to a point w/out giving up opsec/comsec.
4. Report them if they blatantly and seriously talk about committing crimes to our community or the general public to NIP or a MOD if your gut says "Hey this person has got to go."
5. There is a small possibility its law enforcement fishing for crazy's. (example a few DDP ppl that got busted recently.)
MY .02¢
twocents.gif
twocents.gif (2.75 KiB) Viewed 381 times

:gunsmile:
Vincit Qui Patitur (He who endures conquers)
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.” ― Charles Darwin

P!
No, you may not quote me for any book, or use any of my posts on this topic or any other for any reason without my express written permission.
bane5150
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby Drakenstead1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Perhaps those who post things that are offensive should be ignored.
I suspect calling them out on their lack of morals would be the way to do it though.
I do remember a bit of scriptural instruction telling us to start out privately.
I you're met with "If God did not want them sheared why then did He make them sheep?"
Then all bets are off. Go get em eh
LET THE FLAMES BEGIN

Those who make statments about taking what they want actually should be shunned more for
rank stupidity than for their attitude. Anyone who would telegraph their intent in such a
fashion seems to me to be too much the idiot to be much danger. Or even more likely are
folks looking for some attention. Sort of like naughty children acting out. "See what a Bad A**
I am? You should all respect me" seems to be the theme. Posting what my response would be
when someone like this showed up at my place after a collapse might be just as stupid.

Perhaps I'll just offer them what ever they need from my preps and serve them tea and cakes :)
Drakenstead1

Postby Rabid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 pm

People tend to say things they don't mean when they are frustrated and they usually know it when they do. The thing is that it is so hard to tell those who don't really mean anything by it from those who are dead serious about it. Perhaps if we don't respond to their statements it would be like not feeding a stray, it will go away. There have bee quite a few posts that were quite inflamitory that I chose not to comment on and a few others that I wish that I had not. The ones I fear most are the ones trying to rally for a cause. I am not afraid of a fight but I will be the one choosing my battles.
DAMMIT IM MAD spelled backwards is DAMMIT IM MAD
Rabid

Postby Bubba J » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:44 am

You're right that there have been more of those types of posts lately. Some of them have been obvious troll posts while others were from people who I believe went through life cheating and stealing and therefore see no problem taking from others during a collapse. As someone else mentioned, they usually don't stay and are never heard from again. The ones who will be dangerous are those who've stated publicly what they've done so far...like the guy who mentioned that he had gathered info as to who had what item, preps, and whatnot; time of day they leave or return, and so on. Someone who obviously placed some thought into it and had a definite plan of action ready to go once a collapse hits.

Also, it isn't just APN or the internet where we see or hear of people like that. I have a coworker who's idea of prepping is guns and plenty of ammo. He talks about them all of the time. No food, water, or supplies. I sincerely hope he doesn't think those alone will keep him alive.
Bubba J
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 am

Bubba J wrote:You're right that there have been more of those types of posts lately. Some of them have been obvious troll posts while others were from people who I believe went through life cheating and stealing and therefore see no problem taking from others during a collapse. As someone else mentioned, they usually don't stay and are never heard from again. The ones who will be dangerous are those who've stated publicly what they've done so far...like the guy who mentioned that he had gathered info as to who had what item, preps, and whatnot; time of day they leave or return, and so on. Someone who obviously placed some thought into it and had a definite plan of action ready to go once a collapse hits.

Also, it isn't just APN or the internet where we see or hear of people like that. I have a coworker who's idea of prepping is guns and plenty of ammo. He talks about them all of the time. No food, water, or supplies. I sincerely hope he doesn't think those alone will keep him alive.

Gathered info on preppers on this forum? I'm aware of some who've contacted others here with personal information. As to the rest it could be driven by fear, along with frustration. Too bad people feel that way.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 am

Thank you, ma'am. Needed said. I doubt people who say things in the "safety" of the quasi privacy of the internet would brag so boldly in front of a group in person. Not only do we have to face human judges in court, we all have to face our Lord & be judged. I prep to keep from being a burden & a problem. I'm not perfect. I break "laws" of man here & there, and pay my speeding tickets etc. But I don't do it just to do it. Crap happens.
We walk a thin line trying to prepare our selves safely, sanely, & wisely. WWJD is a valid motto.
P!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
2 Thessalonians 3:10
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby mmpaints » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 am

OPSEC. Stop trusting people on face value. When you see something out of line, flag it so I can find it easy. There's plenty here to flag and I can't see it all.

We are for the most part, mature enough to see the ignorant when it's in our faces. But, to think all people are good or honest is unbelievably naive. The worst are the habitual liars, devout religious folks that claim constantly what great people they are and then rob you blind when your back is turned. If the world wasn't full of trusting fools, there wouldn't be any thievery. Also, those who thump their chests the loudest are usually the ones who have never known real violence and are the least mentally prepared to protect and defend themselves.

Being self reliant, prepared or whatever you choose to call it- it's not a contest or a race or a game. Neither is freedom. Learn to choose your words in public more wisely and the truth of it will become clear...
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid". - John Wayne

WARNING- i change my avatar frequently for my own enjoyment. Complaining about it won't help ;)
mmpaints
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Lynda » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 am

Always great advice, MM.

Lynda

Postby daaswampman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 pm

I do believe there are dangerous people out there. That comes from living in the country and working in the hood. I see the results of pointless crime every day I work. Good and bad all bleed the same. It is a good thing to get our cage rattled and wake us up to what is out there. It is too easy to get set in our own little comfort zone and forget what is waiting out there.

The fool beating his chest is most likely just that. The really dangerous ones will try to get close and act like your best friend. So what are the warning signs?

Too friendly.
Totally interested.
Too perfect and good.
Want to meet and get started right away.

Real friendship and trust should take time - as in years and years. Swamp
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Warning...flamin' on Drake

Postby Pedro wyoming » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Drakenstead1 wrote:Perhaps those who post things that are offensive should be ignored.
While the squeeky wheel gets the most grease, the noisy rooster gets the most dumplings

I suspect calling them out on their lack of morals would be the way to do it though.
Yes and their lack of preparation on a preppers forum.

I do remember a bit of scriptural instruction telling us to start out privately.
I you're met with "If God did not want them sheared why then did He make them sheep?"
That same God also created the mighty SHEEP DOG too...

Then all bets are off. Go get em eh
LET THE FLAMES BEGIN

Those who make statments about taking what they want actually should be shunned more for rank stupidity than for their attitude.
Or nip it in the bud before it becomes a noxious weed.

Anyone who would telegraph their intent in such a fashion seems to me to be too much the idiot to be much danger.
an idiot with a gun is still a threat...at any range...while i cannot put lucky on a resume, unlucky can ruin my whole day.

Or even more likely are folks looking for some attention. Sort of like naughty children acting out. "See what a Bad A** I am? You should all respect me" seems to be the theme.
Respect me...more like fear my mighty cyberchest thumping...and sitdown and shutup before i kick you in your cyber shins

Posting what my response would be when someone like this showed up at my place after a collapse might be just as stupid.
Yeh...OPSEC keeps my goods in peace and the 5th has no value in defending what goes online forever...

Perhaps I'll just offer them what ever they need from my preps and serve them tea and cakes :)
Tea and cakes...with a drop or two of phenolphthlein...

Not slapping you around Drakenstead, just expanding on a few of your most worthy insights.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Great responses. This is getting interesting. ;)

Lynda

Postby Kim333 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 pm

mmpaints wrote:OPSEC. Stop trusting people on face value. When you see something out of line, flag it so I can find it easy. There's plenty here to flag and I can't see it all.

We are for the most part, mature enough to see the ignorant when it's in our faces. But, to think all people are good or honest is unbelievably naive. The worst are the habitual liars, devout religious folks that claim constantly what great people they are and then rob you blind when your back is turned. If the world wasn't full of trusting fools, there wouldn't be any thievery. Also, those who thump their chests the loudest are usually the ones who have never known real violence and are the least mentally prepared to protect and defend themselves.

Being self reliant, prepared or whatever you choose to call it- it's not a contest or a race or a game. Neither is freedom. Learn to choose your words in public more wisely and the truth of it will become clear...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Kim333
New Hampshire Preppers Network

Postby Pedro wyoming » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Before i get an inquiry on the subject...
Phenolphthlein was the active ingredient in Ex Lax for decades. It ws changed in the 90s. One drop equals 40 doses or so. Two drops in a tea or on a bisquit will cause hypovolemia in a few hours. Added to peanut butter, the rats will poop themselves to death.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby Kim333 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Pedro wyoming wrote:Before i get an inquiry on the subject...
Phenolphthlein was the active ingredient in Ex Lax for decades. It ws changed in the 90s. One drop equals 40 doses or so. Two drops in a tea or on a bisquit will cause hypovolemia in a few hours. Added to peanut butter, the rats will poop themselves to death.

pW

Thanks I was going to ask... Gross though
Kim333

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion