• Advertisement

Oregon college shooting

Topics about guns

Re: Oregon college shooting

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:22 am

daaswampman wrote:
RayMac1963 wrote:How many of you have been shot before? How many have lost a friend, family member, or loved one to gun violence? Is it deception or self deception? OF COURSE guns make it easier to kill, and thus make these mass shootings easier and more likely. Thats just basic logic. Simultaneously, more gun control WILL with out question infringe on our constitutional right. Its a simple trade off. I WILL trade the lives of a percentage of the population in return for my gun rights. Look yourself in the mirror and say it proud. Look your neighbors, your family, your Pastor, your elected officials in the face and say it. All that other stuff is just a distraction or self deception...

And YES, i been shot in the street, AND i have lost family to gun violence, and i STILL support gun rights! But i'm honest with myself about what the cost is.

I know what it is like to be shot and I would trade most of America for a pizza, let alone my rights. Swamp

Well, YOU would trade us all for 2 buckets of crawdads :p. But that being said, acknowledging there is a relationship and there is cost and that we consciously deciding to pay it is real. All that other "if everyone was armed", if we took all the guns, safe zones guns don't kill people, BS is just pointing fingers and self delusion. The gun, by its nature is a more effective killing tool. That same effectiveness that makes it a danger in the hands of a crazy is how it protects us from state tyranny in the hands of free citizens. Own that "truth", not some focus group developed sound bite.

I know you get it Swamp.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby ajax727 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:58 am

Odrama and the rest of the dips think more gun regulations can fix this crap . More gun regulations will not fix nor stop the shootings . Is someone wants to kill they will find away to kill and use whatever they can find to kill .
As more information is released we will know more about the shooter and hopefully the reason he went on a shooting spree .
One gun out of millions of guns was used to kill . One person out of millions of people killed people with a gun . One driver out of millions of drivers kills other drivers . So we need to band lots of things to stop the killings . guns , cars , trucks . knives , hammers , rocks , sticks , ropes , bottles , icepicks , screwdrivers , shovels , frying pans , there is a long list of items used to kill people so lets band them all . To those that think banding stuff will solve the killings I have land on the Sun for sale real hot deals .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Gunns » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:09 am

Another liberal mass shooting. This time he was targeting Christians. Most likely following Obama's lead on this.

If you want an honest debate you need to keep the Liberals out of it. They have an agenda and really don't care about these shootings.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Pedro wyoming » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 am

Ajax,
You left out the silent, invisible killers...

Prozac and all it's dirty cousins in the SSRI family.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby arkieready » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 am

PW, you are far too correct (was gonna say far too 'right', lol). The drugs are an enormous problem. Not the wacky weed kind, either. I have seen with my own two eyes what "legal" and "illegal" drugs do. Ok, the dude on pcp was too much, but that is only 1.
over and over, the prescription kind caused the really scary behavior.
I've lost a nephew and BIL to "legal" drugs. Drug violence.
Take a guess what ADhD drugs do to a little boy who is not ADHD, who actually has RLS.
P!

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

--Robert Frost--
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby lilangelsmom » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Here's my 2 cents. Less money spent on legislation on gun control and more on mental health. That is a broken system. I saw a guy at a crisis center drunk and high having a panic attack. He waited in the main waiting room 3 hours. They said it would be another 4 before he could get to the other waiting for the dr. He left went out and was puking. That guy could have easily become a shooter. Another time a 10 yr old tried to hang himself. He waited over 8 hours to see the dr before being admitted in a 5x5 room with no tv. There needs to be more funding for better drs. Another problem it may take several mess before finding the right one and some cause extreme side affects, or misdiagnosis too.
lilangelsmom

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Angels Mom, my wife is a therapist. Her previous job included doing some on call adolescent psych evaluations at hospital ERs. The stories she came home with in the middle of the night were scary, and that was just the kids...
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

RayMac1963

Postby daaswampman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Well, YOU would trade us all for 2 buckets of crawdads . But that being said, acknowledging there is a relationship and there is cost and that we consciously deciding to pay it is real. All that other "if everyone was armed", if we took all the guns, safe zones guns don't kill people, BS is just pointing fingers and self delusion. The gun, by its nature is a more effective killing tool. That same effectiveness that makes it a danger in the hands of a crazy is how it protects us from state tyranny in the hands of free citizens. Own that "truth", not some focus group developed sound bite.

That would be a sweet deal! Guns are a tool and their absence will not stop determined people. Is any of this that unexpected in a nation of over 330,000,000 million people strung out on legal and illegal drugs. The media and Odumbbo wants us to think things are getting worse when statistics tell a different story. Look past the headlines and look at historical numbers for the real story.

I agree that there are people who should not have any type of weapon, but who will we trust to make those decision? I will volunteer, but some may have problems with some my decisions. The fact that I would only allow Christians to own guns would not be controversial in the United States as all non Christians would have already been deported. The fact that I would only allow Veterans to own guns would not be controversial, as service would have already been made mandatory to avoid deportation. Yes - non Christions and non Veterans could have their voice heard if the country they ended up in allow that. Thank You for your continued support. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 pm

I might even be convinced to support you for half those Crawdads...

RayMac1963

Postby rickdun » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Pres Obozo, during his speech yesterday on guns and how something needs to be done because he's tired of it, FAILED to mention that in his home town of Chicago, that in 2014 there was:

2,229 people shot and wounded.

390 people shot and killed.

Isn't his best buddy Rahm Emanuel the mayor of the city, Obozo sure mentored him.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:45 pm

rickdun wrote:2,229 people shot and wounded.

390 people shot and killed.

I'm OK with it, as long as i get to keep my guns... :gunshooting:

RayMac1963

Postby daaswampman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:08 pm

Homicides are at a multi decade low in Chicago, just like they are in many other major cities. That does not play well with the gun control crowd so the facts are ignored and the brainwashing of American continues. Swamp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago
Attachments
Number_of_murders_by_year_in_Chicago.png
daaswampman

Postby Dirk Williams » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Guns don't kill, people kill period. FYI, I'm hearing some strong rumors that " active shooter drills" were conducted at UCC in the past couple weeks. Fullmoon, anybody can we confirm that rumor, or discard it as inaccurate.

If true, this will be like the 12th shooting in a school which just had a active shooter drill done.

Three semi auto 40 cal pistols,and a low buck delton m4, rifle were involved, not sure if the m4 was employed, sounds like the witnesses are saying pistols only.

DW
Dirk Williams

Postby Permafrost » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:27 pm

daaswampman wrote:I agree that there are people who should not have any type of weapon, but who will we trust to make those decision? I will volunteer, but some may have problems with some my decisions. The fact that I would only allow Christians to own guns would not be controversial in the United States as all non Christians would have already been deported. The fact that I would only allow Veterans to own guns would not be controversial, as service would have already been made mandatory to avoid deportation. Yes - non Christions and non Veterans could have their voice heard if the country they ended up in allow that. Thank You for your continued support. Swamp

That is the most fu@ked up thing I have ever heard. If I understand you right, you think that everyone who is not Christian should have no rights? Sounds like the same $hit that the Muslims say. I guess it must have to do with the single god concept (funny fact, it technically is the same god) and the fact that you have a mandate to convert or kill everyone. Wonder how long it will be until you go all crusader (Christian equivalent of jihad) on the world. By this same logic I should be able to expel everyone who is a Christian Jew or Muslim from Alaska, or maybe I could just burn them alive at the stake. The world has enough problems without trying to add to them.

P.S.
It does not matter what religion you are. A good person is still a good person, and a evil person is still a evil person. Many evil people have hid behind religion to commit unspeakable atrocities. Any person that accepts or embraces torture and genocide is evil.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Permafrost wrote:
daaswampman wrote:I agree that there are people who should not have any type of weapon, but who will we trust to make those decision? I will volunteer, but some may have problems with some my decisions. The fact that I would only allow Christians to own guns would not be controversial in the United States as all non Christians would have already been deported. The fact that I would only allow Veterans to own guns would not be controversial, as service would have already been made mandatory to avoid deportation. Yes - non Christions and non Veterans could have their voice heard if the country they ended up in allow that. Thank You for your continued support. Swamp

That is the most fu@ked up thing I have ever heard. If I understand you right, you think that everyone who is not Christian should have no rights? Sounds like the same $hit that the Muslims say. I guess it must have to do with the single god concept (funny fact, it technically is the same god) and the fact that you have a mandate to convert or kill everyone. Wonder how long it will be until you go all crusader (Christian equivalent of jihad) on the world. By this same logic I should be able to expel everyone who is a Christian Jew or Muslim from Alaska, or maybe I could just burn them alive at the stake. The world has enough problems without trying to add to them.

P.S.
It does not matter what religion you are. A good person is still a good person, and a evil person is still a evil person. Many evil people have hid behind religion to commit unspeakable atrocities. Any person that accepts or embraces torture and genocide is evil.

It was a half sarcastic response for Ray. Sorry you missed that. Swamp
daaswampman

PreviousNext

Return to Guns