• Advertisement

S ... L ... O ... W Site! Very. Very. Slow. Loading!

Need Help with the forum? Ask a question here. Our moderators are here to help.

S ... L ... O ... W Site! Very. Very. Slow. Loading!

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 am

:caution: :caution: I've been having a terrible time getting on the APN site. This is what is slow:

(1) First, it won't even load ... and that's from my saved tab AND from doing a search for APN and trying to get in! It takes several minutes to just get on!

(2) Once I get on, site won't load the Portal or Board Index, when I enter my log-in information. I get this:
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.24.48 AM.png
(Even when I tried to load this photo, the site just scrolled and did not load)

(3) This is happening on ALL my devices: Lap Top, Phone & Ipad. I have NO problem getting on any other site anywhere else on the net ... including other forums.

(4). When I finally get onto the portal or board index, I click on a topic and again ... it does not load for many minutes or just times out with the 'Problem loading Page' message.

It has taken me until this morning to make this post, and I've been trying, since last night!
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: S ... L ... O ... W Site! Very. Very. Slow. Loading!

Postby Photon Guy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am

I've been experiencing some of the same stuff. For awhile I thought maybe its because Im on the road since Im traveling right now but if you've been having similar problems it might be something with the site. I hope this gets fixed.
Photon Guy

Postby rebnavy1862 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 am

Tom posted about this early this morning.
Chinese are attacking with a "denial of service".
Reb
This means war!
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Painfully slow for the last three days! I was worried about terrorist activity sponsored by Left and Hillary, thank God it is just the Chinese! Dead serious - when the shooting starts, we will be shooting each other! Swamp

Stop, hey, what's that sound, another liberal in the ground!
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:44 pm

I've been having trouble, as well...site is VERY slow to come up, and when it does, y auto-log-in is not there; frequently, when I type in my login and password, I get "bounced" right back to the login-screen, and when I go to post something, I get a "time-out."
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ajax727 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:15 am

It is everywhere not just here . Been going on now for four days that i know of .
Massive cyber attack be careful going online or doing searches , it may look real but it might not be the true sight you are looking for .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby Illini Warrior » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:58 am

ajax727 wrote:It is everywhere not just here . Been going on now for four days that i know of .
Massive cyber attack be careful going online or doing searches , it may look real but it might not be the true sight you are looking for .

I didn't experience any hacking on any of the other prepper sites - specifically asked for any reports - APN seems to have been targeted .... the SurvivalBoards and Rawles SurvivalBlog used to get attacked almost every major holiday ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby roger o » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:29 am

Let's not get paranoid folks. Seems like the "attack" is limited to APN. Perhaps Tom can tell us if it is a server issue?
Roger

Is est non maximus ut vos teneo totus refero - is est maximus ut vos teneo quaestiones sciscitor.
μολὼν λαβέ
roger o
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ajax727 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 am

If the news covers it it will be after the fact . Believe what you want about this cyber attack it is not limited to this sight only .
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby 101airborne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Glad it's not just me. Last few days It takes 4-5 attempts to even log in. I've always been automatically logged in. Once I get logged in it takes several minutes to even be able to view posts. It doesn't happen on any of the other sites I'm on just here.
101airborne

Postby Excaliber » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 pm

This is the only site I have had any problem with. Was about ready to give up on it but thought I'll try one more time and boom, lighting fast this time. I was really surprised how fast the pages loaded. Hope it stays like this.
Excaliber

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Seems to be all better now! :D :clap: -k
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:33 am

Excaliber wrote:This is the only site I have had any problem with. Was about ready to give up on it but thought I'll try one more time and boom, lighting fast this time. I was really surprised how fast the pages loaded. Hope it stays like this.

Same here while it was going on for a few days....

I've got a daily routine of logging into about 15-20 different websites. And then I shop and work through the day on about another 20+ additional websites all over the world....

There was no denial of service on any but this one site......Sounds like it was a local server issue to me. Either that or the Chinese were specifically targeting APN only. :glare: :rolleyes:
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby ajax727 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:41 pm

It had a ripple effect on other sights . I was told about at the start , she had the info and clued me in . People were worried about the plastic money cards from banks and the stores they used them in . All is well on that part from what i understand . Time will tell if any information may have been stolen .
ajax727

Return to Support