• Advertisement

Meet Jose (aka 'Gaston) 3rd Hurricane Swirling in Atlantic!

Tips to prepare for natural disasters like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis etc...

Moderator: medic94

Meet Jose (aka 'Gaston) 3rd Hurricane Swirling in Atlantic!

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Gaston forms into third hurricane of the Atlantic season: National Hurricane Center
http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf ... urric.html

Gaston has strengthened to become the third hurricane of the Atlantic season, the National Hurricane Center said late Wednesday night (Aug. 24).

Hurricane Gaston, churning about 1,215 miles west of the Cape Verde Islands, has a maximum wind speed of about 75 mph with higher gusts, hurricane forecasters said.

As of 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, the hurricane was moving in a northwestern direction at 17 mph. There was no immediate threat to land.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Meet Gaston: 3rd Hurrican Swirling in the Atlantic!

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:09 pm

This screenshot shows estimate for Monday 9/11, as of today. It could change day to day. Source: https://www.ventusky.com/?p=32.8;-57.9; ... 0170911/15

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 2.13.05 PM.png
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Meet Gaston: 3rd Hurricane Swirling in the Atlantic!

Postby ReadyMom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:13 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Gaston forms into third hurricane of the Atlantic season: National Hurricane Center
http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf ... urric.html

Gaston has strengthened to become the third hurricane of the Atlantic season, the National Hurricane Center said late Wednesday night (Aug. 24).

Hurricane Gaston, churning about 1,215 miles west of the Cape Verde Islands, has a maximum wind speed of about 75 mph with higher gusts, hurricane forecasters said.

As of 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, the hurricane was moving in a northwestern direction at 17 mph. There was no immediate threat to land.
I'm WRONG! :blush: :blush: :blush: Gaston is from LAST YEAR! ----- sorry 'bout that ----

BUT ...

there is still that other one showing behind Irma. I can't find anything to say what it's name (if any) is yet. I'll change the name of the thread, if it gets one!
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby mizery0317 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Because one hurricane wasn't enough!!!
"Stay Humble"
mizery0317

Postby daaswampman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 pm

I think ReadyMon is having too much fun! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Oke ... Storm #3 now has a name. Meet Jose! Still a tropical storm out at sea with visible rotation. Let's hope he likes it at sea and stays there! http://www.businessinsider.com/tropical ... ing-2017-9
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 pm

daaswampman wrote:I think ReadyMon is having too much fun! Swamp
:evil:
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Natural Disasters